Your favourite shop.. and why?

Em-ily

I like Lush as there is always something new, the smell is lovely, the assistants are nice, it makes you feel like you are treating yourself but it's only a few pounds and its against animal testing.

I also like The Body shop for all the above reasons and for its Community trade policy as well!

Did you know that the Lush shop has a kind of contraption at the back of the counter which is constantly throwing out that smell: they must feed it with bath bombs:D That is why they always have the doors open so that everyone in fargate can whiff it

My favourite shop in Sheffield is Barney Goodman on Ecclesall Road, classic tailors who have been making my suits since I could avoid buying off the rail.

Fantastic service, quality clothing at extremely reasonable prices. Definitely reckon it is worth a visit for any chap aspiring to be well dressed.

Most of my other favourites tend to involve grub;

Roses Bakers

Silverhill Cheese Shop

Boldocks Fishmongers

Roneys

and finally surprised no one so far has mentioned Record Collector at Broomhill.A fantastic range of stock run by people who care about music.

• 3 years later...
Same here! I LOVE LUSH! :love:

My favourite product of theirs has to be the "Snow Fairy" shower gel... Oh wow its gorgeous! Pink, glittery and smells of sweeties! I'll cry when it runs out, no kidding!

I hate their assistants - far too in your face. I popped in last week just to have a nosey at their gift boxes for a friend. A girl immediately pounced on me asking if I wanted any help, to which I gave the usual 'no, I'm just looking'. She then went on to say something else, which again I just brushed off. But then she went on to say 'oooo and you know that you can see all the ingredients on the labels?', to which I said 'yes, I know'. She then waled off, at last, and I walked out.

I did used to shop there regularly, and yes you may like some assistance if you are buying something specific, but the assistants could stand back a bit and come to you when you start to look puzzled rather than as soon as you walk through the door.

Gap did it too. Once I walked in, got pounced on and immediately walked out.

Favourite shop would probably have to be one of the Chinese stores. I just love all the unusual goods on offer.

Archived