Why do we have to suffer fireworks every night??

There's been quite a few going off over the last few weeks near the Millhouses area too.

To be honest I don't have a problem with them, I'm lucky in that my cats and dog aren't bothered by them either. My dog actually sits there and watches them unlike most others that I've seen run and hide :D

They don't tend to go on for that long, normally about 1/2 an hour or so and if someone's celebrating something then fair enough, let them get on with it.

I will be setting off fireworks on the 5th of November and am sure there'll be people around me that don't celebrate that date and they always accept me doing it.

I must admit I don't like it when the kids are setting them off in the streets etc. but if it's a celebration somewhere or something sensible or reasonable then it's fine by me.:thumbsup:

I am not into fireworks and will never undestand them. If people had any empathy for animals and saw how much they disturb them then they would not touch fireworks.

Not all animals are bothered by them and there are many other things in life that affect animals, I don't think it's a reason to stop using them all together, more of one to be careful when using them not to harm animals and make sure as best as possible that the immediate area is clear of them.

Fireworks can be set off at any time of the year as well as bought and sold any time of the year.

The law states that fireworks cannot go off after 11pm at night during normal times of the year and up to 12:30am (after midnight) on bonfire night and xmas/new year occasions etc.

Archived