Crucible's Days Numbered?

How come the crucible got the snooker in the first place, who was behind it,

its a bit embarassing on the telly when the players are on video trying to be cool an behind them is the grafitti on the walls,it makes sheff look a right dump. But never the less i love the world championships being held at sheffield, always watched it, an always will.

Good on yer anyway, whoever you are.

Originally posted by rickmiles85

just thinking about a couple of well known brands like BMW, IBM, Microsoft, Mercedes. You only need to look around at other tournaments and events. like the Martell Grand National, Fosters Britist Grand Prix. Mercedes sponser some tennis event? It is possible to sponsor a sport without the need for tobacco advertising.

Good point rick, but I'd say those companies sponsor middle-class events (tennis, horse racing etc).

They wouldn't want to dilute their brand by associating themselves with sports that are deemed working class such as football, snooker or darts.

Originally posted by hj dary

Why dosn't the forum sponser it.

Im sure we could rustle up a few bob between us all.

:D :D

Nice idea but I don't think any of us could afford it really unless one of us wins the Lottery tonight or something :(

Archived