Been driving 20 Years and just got my first speeding ticket

I heard a figure...think it was on Chris Evans radio show the other night that something like 48billion is taken from road/taxes/fines and only 6 million is invested back into road safety...not exact on the figures or source - but the difference was astounding!

ive been driving nearly 10 years and got one a couple of months ago.

I was doing 40 in a 30 except there were no signs to tell you the limit had changed. That I saw anyway

Well done for the 20 years and 1 tickets, pray its another 20 years before the next one

That drives me nuts :mad:

They've lowered part of Retford Road, if you don't join it in the 40 bit, it isn't immediately obvious that the 40 repeater signs are now missing :rant:

I'm sick of idiots trying to ram me off the road for sticking to the speed limit on there :rant:

I was doing 35 in a 30 limit, 10.30 at night not another car or person in sight, only a piggin government cash cow that clocked me going a few miles an hour. Big brother is watchin you

Serves you right. What difference does it make what time it is? The law doesn't change dependent on the time of day.

Not that I can talk.

Serves you right. What difference does it make what time it is? The law doesn't change dependent on the time of day.

Not that I can talk.

I have passed an advanced driving test and consider myself better than most drivers on the road. No the law does not change on the time of day, but there are far too many cameras there purely for fianancial gain for the government and bugger all to do with road safety

That would be you and 75% of the driving public, who also consider themselves better than most.

Yes but have the 75% you talk about taken an advanced driving test like myself. My examiner was a police driving examiner, you cannot get much better than that

Not that I can talk.

The law might not, but the facile argument that it's all about road safety and not revenue does.

Archived