Been driving 20 Years and just got my first speeding ticket

I have passed an advanced driving test and consider myself better than most drivers on the road. No the law does not change on the time of day, but there are far too many cameras there purely for fianancial gain for the government and bugger all to do with road safety

I had to smile at the copper who got let off for doing over 120MPH on the way back to the police station. The police did not prosecute due to the fact that the driver was an advanced driver and therefore was in full control of the car :loopy:

Viking, it's a disgrace and your unblemished record should be taken into account. I know a few colleagues who have great records and each one has written in pleading their case and won. So try it.

Yes but have the 75% you talk about taken an advanced driving test like myself. My examiner was a police driving examiner, you cannot get much better than that

Did you share these inner most thoughts with him:

The police love a car chase and harrassing motorists, I thought everyone new that. If only they put half as much effort into the other crimes as they do to motorists, Sheffield would be better place to live

Wonder if you'd have passed if you did. :D

I got a speeding ticket after 16.5 years of driving (not continuously). Driving in the flow of traffic and got caught doing 36mph in a 30mph zone by the fixed camera at Grenoside which was notorious for not having a bulb in it! (not that this is an excuse)

I was mortified and vowed it would take another 16 years for me to get another.

I admit I was wrong. My passengers are known for complaining I go too slow at times. I agree that we should take more care but now I watch my speedo more when going through camera sights that I know of both fixed and mobile. By checking I am doing 30mph and not just over I may miss something on the road.

Other drivers have said they do the same - does this make us safer?

You should both be banned. Sent on driving rehabiliation courses. Bounced off rubber cars, doing 40mph, until your socks fall down!

... and sent round to wash my cars every weekend for 3 aeons.

Norty boys.

I would not mind as much if I had been driving.

I was typing away on the forum when the offence took place.

I am taking the points on my licence as it is not as important to me as the person who was driving, if you see what I mean.

acpo guidelines say +10%+2, not sure if that's grounds for it being contested or if anyone has ever won for that.

That 10% is for the variation in accuracy of speedos, so if your's reads the wrong way, you're going well over the limit!

Archived