Been driving 20 Years and just got my first speeding ticket

surely thats one mile inside.

30 + 3 + 2 = 35mph

And yes, the margin is to allow for speedo error etc...

If you don't know what the speed limit is, then remember your highway code and work it out, or get back home pronto and do some revision.

That is what I meant; surly 34 in a 30 limit would have been worth contesting.

:huh:

• 4 years later...

My brotherlaw been driving 46 years and just got first speeding fine in the last 4weeks he thinks the problem could be with his speedo but the will not give him time to get it checked out as hes also got another speeding fine when he knows full well he wasnt doing faster than he should the law stinks hes very very upset about this matter and still they dont want him to prove he hasnt done it the coppers bliam him for doing speeding without even listening arseholes

From the nature of these posts I'd guess that some of posters have been speeding but just not got caught until now, so I'd say just think yourself lucky, stop moaning, pay fine and stick to limit in future:hihi::hihi:

My wife was diving our van down a country road a few days ago at about 45, when we passed a police car tucked away off road in a 30 zone. Of Course, he came after us lights aflashing. He demanded the registration and her license, and took them back to his car to check them on the computer. He returned and told her they were on a special that day and not booking 65 year old Irishwomen. It works sometimes if you don't give the cops a bad time.

It's surprising the feelings that are brought up when threads posted by users who are no longer with us get dredged up, isn't it?

Good to see viking's threads still around on SF though.

And yes, getting caught is an occupational hazard of breaking the speed limit. Either make sure that you don't speed, or accept it and pay the fine.

It came through the other day, 38 in a 30 zone.

I am not moaning by the way.

I like most, have been quite fortunate, but 20 years is brill. :thumbsup:

20 years! well done viking. I get them all the time but the thrill of driving my car the way it should be driven far outweighs the cost of a few tickets.

The police keep stopping me even when I'm not speeding, usualy just to admire my motor. I have a pile of parking tickets that I get for parking on the double yellows near Nonnas but it's just too convenient to resist parking there while I nip in for a latte.:)

Archived