Anyone go to Hartley brook school?

I went to Hartleybrook secondary modern in 1959. I was in class 1a1 with Mick Redfearn, Kenny Grayson, Meagan Sharrock, John White. Mick Greenwood, Jimmy Slack, Pat Smith.

Teachers wer Southerd, Inman, Gallagher, Hutchinson, Webster, Head teacher was Pop Allen.

my husband john holland went to hartley brook and remembers all the names clegane has mentioned he left chrstmas 1962 . sadly mick greenwood is no longer with us

I remember John, he played rugby with Mick Lee, Dennis Topham, Dave Simmonite, Harry Fish, Alan Ellis, Bugsy Megson, sorry to hear about Mick Greenwood, Mick Redfern also gone.

I went to Hartley Brook school in May 1963 when my parents moved to Shiregreen. I remember the names mentioned before but sad to hear about Mick Greenwood...... was he not in the cricket team with Brian Steers? I was in the team a year or so later. Names of some pupils in my year are John Colville, Raymond Hardy, Jimmy Milne, Ralph Ferrett and girls, Pamela Roe, Christine Hickey, Lynne Batty and Ann Joswiak. Mr "Pop" Allen, the headmaster and teachers, Gallagher, Hutchinson, Brown (2) Burkinshaw and Cyril Webster, who I thought was a superb teacher. I left in 1965 having stayed on for a fifth year to take RSA exams. Was anyone there at this time ?

Thanks for replying I went to Hartleybrook school from infants juniors and seniors and went to chaucer.MY sister went there also my mom .A few of the people I knew was John Ball, Eliane Gill ,Robert Pemberton, and a few others that all went through school with.Was any off you there then. Yes I remember all the teachers names MR.Gallagher ended up at Silverdale Schoolafter leaving Hartle

y Brook and caught me drinking in the Shinney Sheff. but never said anything next day at school

Edited by lizzybee

Hi JGILL Elaine was my close friend from leaveing Hartley brook with Hazel Leech Janet Tether my maiden name was Quinn .I hope Elaine is alright last time I saw it was at Hartley Brooke shops.I aslso was at Hartley Brook when Gary Grayson was there also Sandra Capes.

Edited by lizzybee

• 2 weeks later...