Reverse Parking - help please!

I am truly useless when it comes to reverse parking, come to think of it, I'm not that hot at any sort of parking though I am a bit of a demon reverse into the supermarket space - soooo much easier than trying to drive into the things!

As I am female just thought I'd mention that my brother is also useless at reverse parking, though it usually gives great amusement watching someone attempt the impossible!

I generally avoid it at all cost and have been known to park up way of the way and walk a distance requiring a taxi!

Oh I'm hopeless at this too... However last week when I arrived at work with no choice as to where I was gonna park, and someone close behind me wanting the space, I decided I was going to do it... and so I did... With an audience :D

Managed to do it first time, but was really freaking out cos ya steer in one direction and the car seems to go in another! lol! Cant work it out! haha

These people are on our bloody roads!

When you think about it, cars are lethal weapons, and there are people on here admitting they can't fully control them, and they are baffled when going backwards.

It makes me very nervous indeed.

These people are on our bloody roads!

When you think about it, cars are lethal weapons, and there are people on here admitting they can't fully control them, and they are baffled when going backwards.

It makes me very nervous indeed.

Oy!

Pussycat is actually a very good driver, and she will be even better tomorrow!

:thumbsup:

I'm currently sat in an office on Eccy Road and have noticed that there is a LOT of competent reverse parking going down!

Yes, I am jealous - maybe I should loiter and ask the next if I can hop in whilst they talk me through it so to speak?!........yes and then run away before the doctors come to take me away!

I'm currently sat in an office on Eccy Road and have noticed that there is a LOT of competent reverse parking going down!

Yes, I am jealous - maybe I should loiter and ask the next if I can hop in whilst they talk me through it so to speak?!........yes and then run away before the doctors come to take me away!

Lol may I hop in too?! I'm not very confident and have to find a double space to pull in to :P:D

get about a foot away from the car to your side

reverse...SLOWLY..

Turn your wheel all the way round ONCE

manouvere into the space

Turn your wheel all the way round (other way)TWICE

Straighten up, move wheel back round to start

Jobs a good 'un

(i was taught to remember 1-2-1, as in turn the wheel once, then twice, then once)

Archived