Reverse Parking - help please!

These people are on our bloody roads!

When you think about it, cars are lethal weapons, and there are people on here admitting they can't fully control them, and they are baffled when going backwards.

It makes me very nervous indeed.

Stupid comment! Don't know bout anyone else but when im reverse parking i don't go particularly fast, and just because some people have trouble manoevuring a car into a parking space doesn't mean they're not doing proper observation while doing so. If im trying to park in a tricky spot, whether its awkward or not as long as your carrying out the manoevure safely and looking what your doing and where your cars going it doesn't mean you're a danger to people :loopy:

I can do it, and i can do it perfectly, but if you were to ask me how...I wouldnt have a hope in hell of describing how to do it.

Precisely.

It's like I wouldn't stand a chance of telling someone how to ride a bike, but I can...

can i just add, now i am not a sexist, but woman CANNOT PARK

If you believe that opinion, then yes, you are a sexist.

Parking is a practice based skill, like lots of other things in life. Maybe I'm not your average woman (I know how internal combustion engines work and I like power tools and can weld) but I can park and read maps too.

I find parallel parking MUCH easier than just driving forward into a space; even if the space is big enough to drive into. I try not to inflict parallel parking on people on busy roads as I know they can't help but pull up right behind you so you can't actually do it (Ecclesall Road, case in point and many years' experience) but given then chance and the choice, I'll always parallel park. And as I have to do it quite often where I live, I can do it from both nearside or offside, like daftlad just using my wing mirrors. That's how I was taught. AND I don't have power-steering.

I can imagine not doing it often if you don't have to, but deliberately avoiding it altogether - like people who refuse to go anywhere that entails turning right or using roundabouts - is beyond me :huh:

Stupid comment! Don't know bout anyone else but when im reverse parking i don't go particularly fast, and just because some people have trouble manoevuring a car into a parking space doesn't mean they're not doing proper observation while doing so. If im trying to park in a tricky spot, whether its awkward or not as long as your carrying out the manoevure safely and looking what your doing and where your cars going it doesn't mean you're a danger to people :loopy:

You are a poor driver.

You lack judgement, car control and spatial awareness.

If you didnt you could reverse park.

End of.

You are a poor driver.

You lack judgement, car control and spatial awareness.

If you didnt you could reverse park.

End of.

I'm sorry have you seen me drive? :confused: I haven't actually said i have trouble reverse parking thankyou. I can reverse park. :rolleyes:

Besides i disagree,having difficulty parking doesn't make for a poor driver, just poor at parking. What about knobs on the road who drive like maniacs who can park with no problems...? i completley disagree with your emphasis on dangerous driving and being a poor driver due to finding difficulty doing a reverse park :huh:

Archived