Old shops in town

Who can remember the old shops in town i can remember Rackhams, and BHS I used to go there for a pot of tea when wagging it from school wi me mate, also woolworths, and who can remember that shop at the side of the ABC, Schofields, we used to go in there waggin it, and put music on the jukebox, they had in the clothes department for nowt, it were fun at the time.

And who can forget Harringtons, Everybody in sheff must have bought summat from there.

How about Winston's on Snig Hill for a tasty shirt?

Wilson Pecks on London Road where you could listen to an entire album in your own booth before deciding whether to buy it or not?

Theatrical Supplies at the bottom of the Moor for red-face soap, whoopee cushions etc.

S&E at the bottom of Eccy Road for school blazers,,, err, I'll forget about that bit:( But the shop was quite impressive

Yes and Redgates for Airfix kits and a marvellous model railway section

I remember when Virgin Records was quite a small dingey shop at the bottom of the moor at the side of the Yorkshire Bank,that smelled of joss sticks and sold clothes as well as records.

Remember when Debenhams used to be called Pauldens too

a couple of shops I remember from the past are Peter Robinsons top of Snig Hill [old meeting place] Male boutique on Orchard street ,Lift up your skirts and Fly top of Charles street i think. How many went to John Temple to get a suit made?Can anyone remember the mens boutique upstairs at Austin Reed when it was at the end of Chapel Walk .Austins at the top of The Moor used to be a decent men's shop as was S.M.C. shirt shop on the Moor . Bradleys on fargate used to be a good record shop ! Can anybody remember the Roman Room coffee shop on Orchard street near The Sheffield Raincoat Store.

Archived