Old shops in town

you mentioned van allen earlier , you bought your biba make up from denise , she know works at the make up place in crystal peaks , can you also remember tobias shoes in van allen ?. tina who worked in saxone moved to van allen to run tobias shoes ,

mrs charleworth was manager of van allen ,I knew all the girls from there and ended up marrying one .

any chance of a reply ?, we might know each other .

• 8 months later...
How about these old shops...

C&A

Burtons (Haymarket branch)

BHS (Haymarket Branch)

Just Micro

Tandy

Redgates

Virgin Records (opposite NatWest near hole in road)

Rackhams

Quadrant Stationers

Benneton

Our Price

Sugg Sport

Bradleys Records

Fads

DER

Texas Homecare (Arundel Gate bottom)

Woolco (Haymarket)

Pippys

Bankrupt Clothing

Wimpy

John Collier

Saxone

Concept Man

Radio Rentals

Wigfalls

Curtess Shoes

Rumbelows

Decor8

Freeman Hardy Willis

and thats just the ones off the top of my head!

Was there a Benneton on The Moor?

anyone remember bubbles great for loons and scoop neck t shirts, round the corner from the nelson pub. also quadrant stationers on the moor where redgates used to be, used to sell posters and records downstairs.bet no one remembers my great grandads watchmakers shop bottom of london rd/ boston st .

I remember Redgates.....ashamed to say I got caught nicking in there when I was 13....idiot.

Then another time me and my mate went in Debenhams and on the top floor they had a mock house on the top floor with furniture in...we would lay down in the beds and pretend we were asleep when people walked through. One night we hid under the beds and waited for the store to close...but we got caught by a guard.

I was not a good boy....not violent just mischevious. Not like kids these days.

I know thats its not in town but who can remember banners down attercliffe when you paid they used to put your money in a capsule which travelled down a shoot.You always tried to have the correct money as it seemed to take forever to get your change back.

Archived