Old shops in town

But the best shop in Sheffield who ruined a million 30 somethings feet

Rebina Shoes!

Anyone still have any?

I loved Rebina shoes, I had several pairs of winklepicker stilletos in various colours red, pink, black and i had a wicked pair of red rebina boots that i wore to death and some black ones with buckles on..i loved them..Don't have them now though mores the pity. There was a shop down high street and also a rebina stall in one of the markets but can't remember if Sheaf or Castle.

There used to be a Hi-fi / tv shop on the moor that was swallowed up to make the McDonalds on the corner.

They used to sell Bang & Olufson gear, can't remember the name of the place for the life of me but when you went in they were always playing top quality sounding LP's like James Last & Bert Kaempfert's "Swinging Safari" to show off the equipment.

Think,

Think,

Think..............

No, still can't remember the name!

IT WAS CALLED CURTIS,S - OWNED BY BILL CURTIS.

Suzyoo, being an ex-pat, I don't know where McDonald's is on the Moor. It isn't listed on BT.com or Yell.com. Where is it, and therefore where was this mystery HiFi/TV shop? I thought the reference was to the Cumberland Street junction. (see post #35)

In the sixties, the Wimpey Bar, the Roman Room (Russian Tea!) and the Sidewalk were our meeting places. McD's hadn't been invented - well at least, not in England.

Redgates was paradise when you were 8 and into Sindy dolls. :)

Loved the Bead shop as a teen and Suggs sport across the road. Also the HMV on Leopold street. I could hang about there forever.

Wimpy and Chelsea Girl on Fargate.

Pippys which i was always a bit in awe of.

But the best shop in Sheffield who ruined a million 30 somethings feet

Rebina Shoes!

Anyone still have any?

i dont have any shoes left as they only lasted about 3 days before the heels were knackered, but they were so fab .you could always tell when someone had a new pair because of the bloody plasters on their heels!. remember the stall in the market that sold them too?

A Bill Curtis lived near us in Crosspool in the early 50's. Could this be the same bloke? We got our first TV from him, a KB 12 ".

YES a very nice chap,, the Curtis family lived near me when Bill was a lad,

Archived