80s night clubs Sheffield

:What was the blues club called at pitsmoor. then one that opened around 1am and closed around 5am. I think it closed around 5am but by then I wasn't even on this planet. I remember you could buy anything in there and I mean anything.:thumbsup:

Donkeymans ?

Donkeymans ?

donkeymans was on catherine street, thats the older one

other blues etc

i went in to peoples choice a couple of times ......above the shops / solicitors on spital hill, dancing all night to reggae and drum and bass :P

i always remember pinkies but never went in

ive forgotten one further up pitsmoor.....just below abbyfield park, i was in once when it got busted :surprised

i also went to one right down off london road (sharrow?) it was in a large hut in the garden behind a house

Vickers, the bottom of London Road was the place to be on Thursday, Friday & Saturday in early 80's. I was too young to go in but they let anyone in, including me.

I remember it being Vickers, at the back end of the 70's it was Tiffanys, and on a monday under 18s could go in, I remember dancing to "Is she really going out with him" by Joe Jackson. Towards the end of the 80's it was known as the Locarno, where I met my partner. If you were in the pub before 11pm (front of the building) they opened the doors into the nightclub, so you got in for free!!

I remember it being Vickers, at the back end of the 70's it was Tiffanys, and on a monday under 18s could go in, I remember dancing to "Is she really going out with him" by Joe Jackson. Towards the end of the 80's it was known as the Locarno, where I met my partner. If you were in the pub before 11pm (front of the building) they opened the doors into the nightclub, so you got in for free!!

locarno??

the bulding later known as the palais, music factory, bed was known as that, same place?? big white pretty building, now completely destroyed?

i once saw a metal band there when it was the locarno featuring 2 young kids

then i lived there almost when it was the palais / music factory

Archived