Premium Bonds - National savings

Originally posted by will_

Anyone ever won anything on these? I've got some and haven't won anything yet. :(

I'm growing a bit suspicious about the whole 'behind closed doors' approach.

I was given some of these as a kid until I was about 16 or so and I was lucky enough to win once... I think my sister won twice over the years and my mum, bless her, finally won after about 30 odd years some time back... :)

I guess it depends how much you've got, I think they work out averaging about 6% return so if You've got 10k you'd win pretty regular, if you've got £100, it quite unlikely, given that the smallest payout is £50.

I had quite a large sum previously and won, pretty much every month, but it still only turns out to be slightly better than putting it in the bank, mainly due to tax advantages.

Anyone ever won anything on these? I've got some and haven't won anything yet. :(

The more you invest, the better chance of winning you have, A friend of mine has £25000 invested and has only ever won £50 at a time.

• 1 year later...

Yeah, ive won £50 twice :thumbsup: They were given to me as a baern by my grandad

Archived