DJ Shadow - Octogon

eldrivetime

yeah this thread is for DJ shadow a very famous, talented DJ. who is dj shadowman??

Nothing like DJ Shadow :hihi:

Just kidding :P

DJ Shadowman is a talented DJ, and is relatively famous (or infamous) around Sheffield but he wouldn't be playing the Octogon....

Nothing like DJ Shadow :hihi:

Just kidding :P

DJ Shadowman is a talented DJ, and is relatively famous (or infamous) around Sheffield but he wouldn't be playing the Octogon....

Come on ...why not??

I'VE played live as a DJ in the Octagon....for 6 months every friday in 1997 to a houseful of delighted drunk students, playing a wicked mix of chart dance & cheese, happy house and various classic old skool rave tunes.......maybe a BIT different to the type of gig you are referring to though!!!!

i'll be going, but i also went to see him at the (harewood) wireless festival and was sorely disapointed. partly because of the wireless festival itself (the adverts between bands were louder than the acts, there was no atmosphere, everything was overpriced and most of the music was pony... have you ever heard of some jumped up little offensive londoner called "sway"? exactly...) but also because the sound system was uninspiring and lots of his music wasn't all that good.

i had gone hoping for another in tune and on time, but that zenith has been and gone i fear. it was nice to see lateef, but the other collaborators on stage thoroughly detracted from the music (three monkeys all in white tracksuits, prancing around like teenage wannabe gangsters being the most guilty parties). this tour coincides with the release of a new album (surprise surprise), so lets hope the whole crunk thing was just a passing phase...

james.

Just seen him at the Wireless Festival - very good indeedy.

Might try to make this one.

Yeah it was ace in Leeds wasn't it.

I've heard bits of the new LP and they have all been wicked - they have all been different styles too. Introspective stuff, boom bap clubby hip hop, epic indie type songs, electro crunky bits and an ace soul tune.

In fact that soul one was played by Gilles Peterson last sunday check radio 1 for listen again.

Anyway can't wait for the LP

and can't wait for this show see you there!:thumbsup:

Archived