Name of Florrie Burnand

Arfer Mo

Hiya ~~

Strangely enough there has been some family interest in the Burnand side of the family.

My Mom was born a Burnand and some of the family (In Australia) have traced back the family to Sheffield and the cutlery industry. Strange because my Mom was born in Lewes, East Sussex and without knowing it has spent most of her life in Sheffield living on or near to places that have Burnand family connections.

She came to live in Sheffield a few years after her Mother had died, one sister remained in Sussex in care, and after a number of different childrens homes she ended up in Sheffield with her aunt and uncle Burnand.

We are presently trying to add to any information regarding the family so any further information would be greatfully received.

Cheers

Angi

just checked my family tree, if the florrie burnand you lot are on about was born 1873 then she has a direct connection to me through my grandad, it would make her my great great grandma and my grandads nan!if you take a look at the genes reunited website and register and contact a james wild, a relative of mine he has a rather extensive family tree detailing lots of burnands going back to the early 1800's.

just checked my family tree, if the florrie burnand you lot are on about was born 1873 then she has a direct connection to me through my grandad, it would make her my great great grandma and my grandads nan!if you take a look at the genes reunited website and register and contact a james wild, a relative of mine he has a rather extensive family tree detailing lots of burnands going back to the early 1800's.

Hiya ~~~

I have too checked the records that I have and yes, the Florrie was born 15th March 1873. The furthest back so far is Robert Burnand who married Elizabeth Gray 6th October, 1762, at the now Sheffield Cathedral, but then the Sheffield Parish Church.

What I would most like to do is to find some cutlery, knives etc that bare the Burnand insignia. I live in hope.

Anyhoo, yes, it would seen that we are distantly related.

*Smiles*

Angi

Archived