Do you squash creepy crawlies?

What would you do if you saw an insect in your house?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do if you saw an insect in your house?

• Squash it / Drown it
    • Leave it alone
    • Scream and let someone deal with it
    • Capture it and let it go free outside
    • Combination of the above depending on what it was/mood I'm in
    • Other

I thought I was the only one to revive sickly bees and wasps! I use suger though, cos we dont have honey in the house.

I move most bugs outside, but we did get a few ants find a way in under the front door last summer, so I destroyed all the nests I could find around the house with poison and boiling water.

Think that day alone must have counted for thousands of insect deaths, but you cant let ants get in the house or they wreak havoc.

But that mass carnage aside, I dont harm bugs. They dont do any harm to us, generally.

I try to get them outside,apart from flies, theydeserve to die just because of the disease they carry.However lots of times i've done more harm than good as the spiders stick their legs out of the glass when i lift it up towards the window,i panic and down comes the glass on its legs,i don't mean to!Plus letting them out of the window when you live on the top floor probably isn't good for them either.I try not to kill them 'cos they kill the nasty ones.

Originally posted by Andy

Why do people get scared of spiders and things?

it’s the legs, I cant stand the amount of legs they have!

Originally posted by magicgem

I just dont like them looking at me. I dont scream but I do remember sitting in a bath for two hours because a spider was staring at me and playing games with me by running backwards and forwards over the door handle. In the two hours I sat watching him play his menacing game I had named him Damien and had become quite attached to his fun personality-still didnt stop me squashing him with the door when I made a runner.

haha, that made me laugh…we call all spiders Albert. That’s my dads doin tho.

Originally posted by jackthedog

I thought I was the only one to revive sickly bees and wasps! I use suger though, cos we dont have honey in the house.

I move most bugs outside, but we did get a few ants find a way in under the front door last summer, so I destroyed all the nests I could find around the house with poison and boiling water.

Think that day alone must have counted for thousands of insect deaths, but you cant let ants get in the house or they wreak havoc.

But that mass carnage aside, I dont harm bugs. They dont do any harm to us, generally.

You know there is a simpler way to keep ants out of the house. rather than killing the nests you can buy non-foaming soap pelets which the ants wont go near…they hate soap. When I went to cyprus we would rub soap on the walls & floor to keep ants away from the beds.

Its also cos spiders can teleport - its a well known fact - watch one for a while and it will get from point A to point B without moving - it MUST be teleportation so theres no telling where they might end up!

Originally posted by SaxonLeigh

You know there is a simpler way to keep ants out of the house. rather than killing the nests you can buy non-foaming soap pelets which the ants wont go near…they hate soap. When I went to cyprus we would rub soap on the walls & floor to keep ants away from the beds.

Soap? Sounds like a good idea!

I'll try it if the little beggers come back this year!

Originally posted by Zamo

I finally managed to get my squishy revenge. I left it stuck on the telly, entrails exposed, for two weeks as a warning to others!

Good show! any other forms of creepy crawlie life I do the glass over top and bit of card underneath and release then back into the wild, but wasps have got it coming to em!

Do try my best to let them out through the window (once Ive stopped screaming and waving my arms around like a pillock) but if they continue to bang their heads stupidly on the glass when I opened the window wide enough to admit low flying light aircraft then they deserve to be killed!!!

I have been known to set up wasp traps involving glass with sweet syrup in bottom... wasp flies in, trap wasp by placing card over glass, make small hole in card and pours lots of water in!!!!!!

*Mwah ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!*

Sorry but I really do fear and loathe wasps!

I never used to be scared of spiders, i would happily scoop them up and dump them outside but this all changed on saturday night.

All i'll say is that i had a dream i don't consider to be a nightmare but it was vivid enough to and involved more than just one sense (i normally only get sight, no sound or feel within dreams). This dream was about spiders and now i can't bear to loom at them and i have to squash them.

I do hope this phobia passes, i don't really like hurting things but the paranoia i have right now is too great.

Damn, you all know my weakness now. :o

Wilf

My saying on the matter is, if they don't pay rent they dont stay!

I give them a chance to leave, usually by trying to usher them out of a window or door, but if they take the biscuit, death becomes them :D

Unless its a wasp. Then I scream like a sissy and let someone else deal with it !

Archived