Sewing class wanted

• 2 years later...
Hi, does anyone know of a good sewing class / teacher in Sheffield? I have tried the Sheffield College but didn't find that very helpful. I have done some sewing before, but never learnt it properly, would like to learn different stitches and how to sew my own clothes. The courses I have seen advertised so far all take place during the day which is no good to me. Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Hi

We do sewing lessons with accommodation in the midlands cv36 if that's any good?

Please let me know if you want any details on this - you can have 3 day sewing accomoodation break or 7 days - you learn a lot! And the holiday cottages is based on the edge of the cotswold and Stratford upon Avon.

Thanks

Zosh

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I am the owner of 'make at green view' and run various sewing workshops/classes for adults and children in Holmfirth, West Yorkshire. Please take a look at my blog for more details and dates of courses.

Holmfirth is a short distance from Sheffield and the classes are small and very friendly. I am a qualified teacher and design courses that teach you real sewing skills.

I am able to do bespoke classes and offer discounts if you bring a friend.

Many thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi , We own Sew in the City - The Sheffield Sewing Lounge

We Run sewing / knitting / crochet & craft workshops by experianced tutors and people who have many years experiance. We have a dedicated sewing lounge where you can hire sewing machines , relax on our setee area and read our libary of craft books and mags. We have weekly sewing and knitting social groups that anyone can attend. We also run adult and children sewing parties which are really popular. We stock craft fabric and supplies which is growing weekly. Our space is full of inspiration for creative projects and we also have a digital fabric printing service where you can design your own fabric and have it printed onto Metre(s) of your chosen base cloth.

http://www.sewinthecity.co.uk

• 1 month later...
Hi Chuckle, thanks for info, it's a shame it's daytime. That's quite often the trouble with courses, hm.

Hi Hecate, different stitches etc, what I mean is things like hems, ie. how to deal with different materials like shorten sleaves of t-shirts, I have just got this impression that there is much more to sewing than what I know so far, and I am just no good at sitting down on my own with a book or so...

Somebody recommended that fabric shop in H'boro, so next time I get there I will enquire.

last time i went in that fabric shop they were really unhelpful and i had to wait for ages to be served. you had better know exactly what you want before you go in or they give you short shrift. id never go in there again. they were so rude and made me feel really unwelcome. not helpful at all.

• 11 months later...
Hi, does anyone know of a good sewing class / teacher in Sheffield? I have tried the Sheffield College but didn't find that very helpful. I have done some sewing before, but never learnt it properly, would like to learn different stitches and how to sew my own clothes. The courses I have seen advertised so far all take place during the day which is no good to me. Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Hi,

I am running sewing workshops. I am based in S11. Please call me for details if you still interested. Andrea 077 666 33313

Archived