Information regarding the Johnson of Johnson Hall, ecclesall

driver1

It's the Johnson Memorial Building and it's really in Broomhill on the corner of Endcliffe Crescent / Fulwood Road. Currently owned by Birkdale School and used for teaching, previously a nurses home. Before that I believe that it was a private house.

However, I've no idea who Johnson is :huh:

Edit... it could be Amy Johnson the aviator.

Any imformation regarding this person gratefully recieved

Can you give more detail, in particular a christian name and perhaps any dates they may have lived there. If so I can look to source you some details from Ancestry.co.uk as I am a member so can look at census and BMD docs.:thumbsup:

go on the census records website, they have census records, the most recently released being 1901, which you need to pay to access. you can, however, view older census records for free. type census into a search engine and it should come up with the site. you will be able to look for the house, and maybe find out about occupants. try the sheffield archives on shoreham street. you need to join, which is free. go to the national archives website, again i can remember the address but type national archives in a search engine. using the a2a section (access to archives) you can locate the position of any relevant documents to any archive nationally. it might also be worth trying the parish records, which log births, deaths and marriages in the local area.

Archived