Funk/electronica nights?

ima_robot

theres a really good eltronica night on at a club called Kingdom, really underground so not alot of people will have heard it of i dont think. Wednesdsay night i think.

DiscoPaul - that's no way to treat a newbie. welcome to the forum ima_robot.

For electronica, you can't go wrong with c90. http://www.c90.org/ They put on parties at various venues, so join their mailing list to find out more. There's also All Things Electric http://www.allthingselectric.co.uk/

For funk, Butter Your Popcorn is on Thursday nights at the Runaway Girl. There's usually threads on here about it. there's also wall of balls at the harley this saturday.

Finally, if you like good music, but you're not too bothered about genres, Another Fine Mess at the Lescar is a top night and definitely not mainstream. There's also my night Seven by 7 on the first thursday of every month at the forum. At Seven by 7, anyone can play their favourite seven 7-inch singles. It's a right mix of music, but people who are into funk are usually into their 45s, so we're often pretty heavy on the funk.

well, im not into my 45s!! i am looking for somewhere with a bit of a younger scene as well because i am only 19 and female, cheers for all this tho.

x

Cheers. I'm only 29 with a youthful outlook, but you've just made me feel old!!

Fair point, but you could raise your game and wind up some of the more seasoned members. There are plenty on here ripe for the taking.

Thats also a valid point. Things get taken a little too seriously most of the time though..

There's a night called "Souled Out" which is a funk night at the Ruby Lounge on thursday nights. I must confess I'm involved in the night but it is good music and the DJ plays live sax. They're getting other live musicians down too when the students get back too.

Hope that quenches your funky thirst!

Archived