Funk/electronica nights?

ima_robot

I've just got into the funk thing. My boyfriend is really into it but after visiting Jelly Jazz at the Koola Bar in Newquay i'm looking for somewhere nearby to dance to some funk music. This thing at Runaway Girl sounds good. Didn't funk night used to be Fridays at the Forum?

well, im not into my 45s!! i am looking for somewhere with a bit of a younger scene as well because i am only 19 and female, cheers for all this tho.

x

James actually looks like he's nineteen. I think he must use oil of Ulay. Or is that Olay? Olé...

Like 7x7, Another Fine Mess attracts all ages. It's über-chic, too, and takes place in a s****y ([edit:] that just said s w a n k y, it wasn't anything rude. Stupid autocensor!) bar made out to look like the back room of a pub. Music is pretty much what it says on the tin.

You might want to check Lights Down Low, which is an intimate, soulful party with sounds from hip-hop, to broken beat, funk, disco, soul, to detroit techno and house. Every First Saturday of the month. Next one will feature special guest Simbad (Marathon Men). I suggest you get yourself down, lady!

Oh - should mention also TheShakeDown at the SHU hubs. Think they're doing another party sometime this month...

This thing at Runaway Girl sounds good. Didn't funk night used to be Fridays at the Forum?

Monsieur Cracknell knows his funky onions, and the Runaway Girl is an excellent bar. I recommend it! Cirque du Funk used to be on Thursdays at the Forum, and sometime resident The Colonel is one half-brain behind this Shakedown wotsit.

I've just got into the funk thing. My boyfriend is really into it but after visiting Jelly Jazz at the Koola Bar in Newquay i'm looking for somewhere nearby to dance to some funk music.

I guest DJ'd at Jelly Jazz myself a few years back - it's a great little club. If that's your bag then you'll definitely enjoy the tunes tonight at the Runaway Girl.. hope you can make it. :)

I guest DJ'd at Jelly Jazz myself a few years back - it's a great little club. If that's your bag then you'll definitely enjoy the tunes tonight at the Runaway Girl.. hope you can make it. :)

Unfortunately won't be able to make it tonight. Is it the same sort of thing every Thursday?

Disco Funk & Soul every friday at Tequila on West Street.

Its the Friday Soul Sessions

Often over looked but one of the few events in Sheffield on Fridays that has queue to get in....and always a smiling, dancing crowd.

James Brown, Aretha, 80s boogie, 70's Funk, Luther, Maze and a load of 60s 70s 80s & 90s Soul, Incognito, Driza Bone,

Real Music for Real People

.....and its free in

Unfortunately won't be able to make it tonight. Is it the same sort of thing every Thursday?

Yes - different DJs fortnightly, but soul & funk are the order of the day with the sporadic addition of live bands too. Shame you can't make it tonight, but hope you'll be able to make it down another week. I always give each session a plug on the forum, so stay tuned! :)

Archived