Info Needed on "Queen of the Gypsies"

Ezzy

Can anyone help me with some information regarding Beighton, I am helping a friend with some research into Romany- gypsey culture and history in the UK. Is there a grave for a Lucretia Smith who is stated to have been 'Queen of the Gypsies" in the grounds of the parish church in Beighton ?

I would be most grateful for any info on Lucretia Smith .

Thanks,

Ezzy

Many thanks to George,Strix and Plain talker for your relies and info.In case anyone has an interest in Psychic and paranormal there is an article regarding Beighton and the grave of Lucretia Smith,on this web site

psychicinvestigations.net/html/psychic_investigations_2.html

Thanks again,

Ezzy

• 4 years later...
Can anyone help me with some information regarding Beighton, I am helping a friend with some research into Romany- gypsey culture and history in the UK. Is there a grave for a Lucretia Smith who is stated to have been 'Queen of the Gypsies" in the grounds of the parish church in Beighton ?

I would be most grateful for any info on Lucretia Smith .

Thanks,

Ezzy

i am her great great grandson my grama snowdrop used to tell us of the queen

Lucretia Smith died in 1844 also buried with her is her daughter Matilda Boswell

The first book published about Beighton (Images of England) has a photograph of the grave and another of the Boswell family.

Tuppie

Archived