Blades Chat #5 Discuss United here

Norton

I reckon we missed out on Lee Hendrie who opted to go on loan to Stoke City.

He would have added both experience and bite to our depleted midfield. He was at the Lane for talks in the summer IIRC but must have chosen Stoke for personal reasons.

Or maybe he doesn't like Warnock which I guess would explain things!

Matt Holland could be a transfer window target for Sheffield United

The 32-year-old Republic of Ireland international midfielder has made only three league starts this season and did not feature against Arsenal at the weekend.

Manager Iain Dowie will look to strengthen his bottom of the table squad in January and may allow Holland to leave.

Not a BAD player but his lack of match practice and the fact he can't get in Charlton's team despite them being riddled with injuries and bottom of the league may be a concern!

Hopefully by then we'll know if Li Tie is up to the job or not.....

We need him like we need a hole in the head.

Well, he could win you a couple of matches before he flits off again, and six additional points would be very welcome.

I personally think he was one of the best players of his generation, held back only by his state of mind.

I also think he seems more grounded nowadays, I've seen a fair few interviews with him on telly and in print and he does come accross as genuinely remorseful for his past.

And we all know that 'Colin' just loves his stirkers. For no transfer fee, and if you got him on a pay as you play basis, I can see no harm in giving him a go.

For a player who has not played for a few seasons, no i dont think we should sign him.

Theres no doubting he ruined his own career, which had the potential to be up there with the best

Well he claims to be fit and sharp - obvioulsy he wont be match-fit, bt that wouldn't take too long.

No harm in getting him along for a trial.

As I say, if he causes you to win two games, then he's value.

Archived