Blades Chat #5 Discuss United here

Norton

I agree- thats a reasonable limit and it would give all clubs chance to develop there young players- who knows where people like forte and sharp could be given there chance in the first teams!

Forte is CR@P (full stop).

Billy Sharp is excellent - that was one hell of a mistake.

Forte is CR@P (full stop).

how can you tell- forte has only had a few substitute appearances, by all accounts he has played well at the clubs he is on loan to and he is still learning!!!!

sharp? well- time will tell!!!

But these kind of players would have been given a chance in the first team if we limited the amount of foriegn players that can be in your starting VI.

When will people get over Billy Sharp?

He is playing at his level for now. He wanted first team football, he did not want a loan. Sheffield United couldn't give him first team football and last season's promotion shows that the team selection was justified. So we sold him. He is doing well and good luck to him, but a Premiership player he certainly was not whilst playing in the Blades reserves and youth teams.

The people who hark on about this youngsters are often ones who never actually can be bothered to go and see them play.

When will people get over Billy Sharp?

He is playing at his level for now. He wanted first team football, he did not want a loan. Sheffield United couldn't give him first team football and last season's promotion shows that the team selection was justified. So we sold him. He is doing well and good luck to him, but a Premiership player he certainly was not whilst playing in the Blades reserves and youth teams.

The people who hark on about this youngsters are often ones who never actually can be bothered to go and see them play.

Agree many ex united strikers can score in the lower leagues,he obviously as an eye for goal and good technique,he does not have great pace ,I am not saying he is slow ,and he is small by modern standards,he is still young and may make it say in the Championship,Premiership I would doubt it,having said that only 5 or 6 of the current squad are Premiership class

ha ha, well that is 5 players who all play in first team for chelsea.

realisitc english players manure.....

neville (few years left)

foster (possibly)

ferdinand (yes)

brown (yes)

carrick (decent but overpriced)

scholes (old)

richardson (not top class)

rooney (class)

smith (never convinced over last few years)

chelsea

terry (excellent)

A cole (great defender)

bridge (great defender)

lampard (quality)

J Cole (quality)

SWP (not a fan but i know he is good)

i think i prefer chelsea english men to be honest.

i know arsenal have fielded an all foreign side, but wasnt it about 5 years since chelsea did it?

Disagree Ashley Cole must be one of the most overated players,I think Gallas is a much better player.Cole is quick and is a decent player, but already looks past his best.

What do you guys think?

Archived