Blades Chat #5 Discuss United here

Norton

I think he's missing the drive to become a top player and will spend his career in the lower leagues. I'd love it if he proved me wrong but he doesn't stand out enough for me and he needs to be doing that to show he's good enough to play top level football.

I do not know whether it is drive self belief or what?

He is still young he has the pace some skill I am going on memory,tallish lad but very lightweight,lacks a physical presence easily knocked off a ball.

A huge difference from League 1 to the premiership.

Derek Dooley once mentioned about one of our legends, in his autobiography

Alan Woodward who played for Barnsley Boys,when he was a scout for Wednesday, why he did not recommend him ,he said he was nesh or words to that effect, did not like the physical side of the game.

Forte may still make it but needs greater strength.

A very good point, but Tonge should have put away at least 1 of his chances, Hulse's overhead kick was great shame it hit the bar & it is great to see us out of the bottom 3.We need to start scoring is stating the obvious.On TT this morning it say's we are going for Healy for £4m,glad to wright made the correct decision by going to L***s & Horsefield is doing great as well 1 goal so far.

ANOTHER STRIKER!

not saying Healy wouldn't be a good signing, but why do we need 27 strikers when we only play 1 up front?

we need a creative midfielder.... and £4m would buy a pretty decent midfielder.

I agree we at least need to get rid of a few strikers before bringing in another. I expect Horsefield, Akinbiyi, and Shipperley should all be on their way come January. We definitely need to focus on getting the midfield sorted and a left back as backup for Armstrong. As well as clearing out the remaining deadwood such as Lucketti, Short (retiring anyway), Unsworth, and Wright. I see Law has extended his contract for another 2 years also on the the official site

Warnock has said that he is targetting a midfielder & I would have liked to have Hendry in the team, he scored for Stoke against L***s on saturday.

Former Middlesbrough star Joseph Desire Job has revealed he would love to return England and admits both Aston Villa and Sheffield United have shown an interest in recent weeks.

The Cameroon international signed for Sedan last month after a move to stay in England failed to materialise.

The 28-year-old spent last season on loan at Al Ittihad from Middlesbrough before departing The Riverside on a free transfer.

Job has now revealed that both Villa and Sheffield United remain interested in his services.

Warnock has said that he is targetting a midfielder & I would have liked to have Hendry in the team, he scored for Stoke against L***s on saturday.

Former Middlesbrough star Joseph Desire Job has revealed he would love to return England and admits both Aston Villa and Sheffield United have shown an interest in recent weeks.

The Cameroon international signed for Sedan last month after a move to stay in England failed to materialise.

The 28-year-old spent last season on loan at Al Ittihad from Middlesbrough before departing The Riverside on a free transfer.

Job has now revealed that both Villa and Sheffield United remain interested in his services.

Hi Tosh

Would prefer Hendrie not foreigners.

Joseph might desire a job with us ,but why are we interested ,if he is not good enough for Middlesbrough he is not good enough for us.

Sheffield United are reportedly considering a fresh move for Hibernian duo Scott Brown and Kevin Thomson in January.

The Sheffield Star claims that Blades manager Neil Warnock enquired about the highly-rated pair in the summer but ditched his interest after the SPL club refused to drop their valuation of their prize assets.

But Warnock has admitted this week that strengthening his midfield will be the priority in the new year transfer window, which could suggest that United make a fresh push to try and land both players.

United are not expected to be the only team bidding for Brown and Thomson, with Bolton and Middlesbrough also believed to be tracking the duo.

Archived