Blades Chat #5 Discuss United here

Norton

I'm a little disappointed, but better sides will lose to Chelsea. I'm disappointed at another penalty miss - as soon as Webber placed the ball on the spot I knew their goalie would save it. We should have stuck with Hulse or maybe tried (man of the match) Quinn. Even Jaggers ought to take responsibility.

We showed Chelsea too much respect. IMO they weren't that good, although I was impressed at their winning back the ball. They are not as good as Arsenal or Manchester United but they will probably retain the title.

Joe Cole had a poor game, Kenny should have done better with the free kick and why oh why didn't we just have a shot at their goal from our free kick instead of trying to overplay it? (They went and scored from this ****-up.)

More worryingly, I feel we created our own problems and the passing was very poor. Davis and Leigertwood's passing was very, very suspect.

But like I said, the team gave all it had and I reckon the Chelsea side will know they had to fight to win the three points.

But now there's that nagging feeling of what it? What if we had converted that penalty? We certainly weren't turned over and I hope we can regroup and go and stuff the Geordies.

If ever there was a chance to get things back on the right track....

(Great so see over 32,000 in the Lane.)

So frustrated again. Why, oh why can't someone just step up and bury a penalty? It can't be that hard - and the confidence they would have gained from that would have been massive today.

Blades - good first half, second half we were very poor - we made it far to easy for Chelsea and never really stretched them at all.

Chelsea won that at a canter today - they may not have been that good, but they didn't have to be. It hurts to have to be that honest, but there you go.

Still - COME ON YOU RED AND WHITE WIZARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anybody know what the record is for consecutive penalty misses in the premiership?:hihi:

Not in the Premiereship but Southend failed from the spot in seven successive games at the end of the 1990-91 season and the start of the 1991-92 season and before Less 'Forest Gump' Tat creams his pants shouting cut and paste, cut and paste, yes it is. :thumbsup:

Footballers paid tons of money and they can't even kick a ball into the net with just a goalkeeper to beat. Jock Dodds will turn over in his grave. And 32,000 pay good money to go and watch these incompetents, it's almost laughable.

You are a joke, the guys tried there best, OK we have missed three penalties.

We were slightly the better side in the first half, and certainly did not deserve to go in 1-0 down.

We lost against the team which had a substitutes which cost more than the squads of many premiership teams.

Where we went wrong as I have been saying all season is we lacked creativity in midfield,I keep repeating myself had Warnock not wasted huge sums of money transfers and wages on Ake,Horsefield Lucketti and Short none of these had proved themselves in the top flight OK maybe Short did but he is playing on memories and is not even good enough for the Championship.Instead of the above we needed a midfield creator someone who was pepared to come to the lane 1 major signing OK we may have had to pay say £4million and £25000 a week but that is better than wasting money on hasbeens or neverbeens.

I would prefer it if guys like you did not contribute to this thread,were you there at the old Wembley in the 1920,s for our last final

Everyone has superstition,

I stopped wearing my home shirt last season that hhad webber on back, as he never scored and we never won when i did.

How daft is that?

I only ever wore my Dukla Prague away shirt (not kit) to three matches. We lost them all. My (then) 7 year old daughter banned it from United matches, as clearly it had plagued the side from row AD of the Kop.

I was then given inspiration from my mate who came back from the Czech Republic with a Viktoria Zizkov shirt (red and white stripes - the reason why he bought it) and with that on his back we won every time he wore it.

Until he changed his socks.

We then both went for the attacking formation of the pair of us both wearing Slavia Prague home shirts (both with "Dostalek 10" on the back, and red and white halves), which bore a little fruit.

My unilateral decision to wear, for the one and only time, my Malta home shirt (bearing in mind I'm Irish) resulted in a 6-0 thrashing at Man City, for which I was roundly booed.

My 2000 United shirt (the round necked one with "BLADES" on the neck as well as the fact that we were sponsoring ourselves), made a strong comeback over the last 3 years or so, but the inability to find the bloody thing probably cost us dear (Cardiff, neutral), as well as my mate upsetting the cart by coming along in biker clobber (just cos he had to ride up to the Lane from Somerset after work for some night matches - SPLITTER!!!!!), instead of the same shirt .......

All of the above is true as well ...... and a hell of a lot more .......

Not that we're superstitious; I've seen free kicks blamed on the utterance of the word 'Leeds', and penalties blamed on the removal of a hat.

I love our sport ........

Watching MOTD last night why did the referee pull back play when Lampwick went down, they lost posession and the ref gave the free kick & Paddy should have got too it even though it took a wicked bounce in front of him & Ballack was clearly holding down Monty,I cannot see hwere we are going to get the goals it even shows the pic in the sunday mirror, I for one wish one of the players would just take a penalty and slam it straight down the middle,my grandson who is nearly 8 can take better penalty's I told him to just whack it & he scores.We need some midfield quality & I just wish we had bought McSheffrey look at the quality of his goals on the Championship top player.I cannot see where the goals are going to come from, Hulse up front on his own is poor, he needs help from a partner ,like Deane & Agana oh those were the days.But we have to reamain positive & I believe that we will hammer someone sooner rather than later.If we play 2 up front.

Archived