Blades Chat #5 Discuss United here

Norton

Belated comments about (Blades V Chelsea):

Montgomery: Im fed up of hearing fans slag him off, he's so under-rated it's unbelievable, he has by far the best work rate in all in team, on Saturday he came off the bench and battled his heart out. Whenever he loses the ball, you can guarantee that he will win it back. Tonge getting injured could be a blessing, as now Tonge is able to concentrate on getting fully fit and may even get the chance to get his surgery now making him 100% fit for the end of the season.

And with a perfect fill-in such as Monty, i very much doubt that Tonge will be missed that much over the next few weeks.

Armstrong: My opinion of this fella just gets stronger every week, where has all this come from?. By far our most adapted player to premiership football, his distribution is second to none and his knowledge / reading of the game is second to none.

Belated comments (Blades V Chelsea)

Gillespie: Really let me down this season, The jury has been out in my head about him and I couldnt get a verdict, but I honestly dont think he meets the required standard to play in the top flight!. He lacks pace which is highly important as a premiership winger, he does'nt ever try to beat his man?.......And how many people noticed on saturday that he gave the ball away at least 6 times!.....One of these led to the foul for the free-kick as well....... I dont know who I would bring in to solve this?....Does Ifill deserve a fresh run out to see if we can find some of his flare?....... Do we bring in sum1 new in January or is it too late?.......My own opinion would be to drop him and play Kazim richards out there and bring in another striker to partner hulse, maybe kabbs deserves a full run-out?

January Transfer Window:

I really dont know what sort of quality we could hope to bring in with a 5million budget?.....Warnock is allready rumoured to be linked with numerous over-rated Championship players, who probably would flop if moved up to the top flight!......I think the foreign market is a good option to look at as many players abroad dream to a run out in the English premiership, and in smaller nations / African nations, transfer fees are much less and the wages are significantly lower as well?

Please throw all your comments to me?

Matt

UP THE BLADES

I think we need to be looking at bolton for inspiration- sam allerdice scoured the africal continent and brought over some quality players on low wages for insignificant fees, we can't buy british im afraid- we just can't afford it!

Matt, interesting comments.

My own opinions are solely based on what I've seen of the Blades on TV this season so may not necessarily be the most accurate or favourable.

But I agree with you on two points. Montgomery is superb in midfield and rarely puts a foot wrong. He does his job quietly and it isn't until after a match that you realise what effect he has had on marking one of the opposition's midfielders. IIRC he marked Patrick Viera out of the semi- at Old Trafford 3 years ago. He deserves a good long run in the middle (and it would be nice to see him try and get forward a little more. A goal or two would be a huge bonus).

Armstrong has been and continues to be a revelation. His effort and commitment are second to none. Add to that the fact that he is still so young. The future's bright for him.

What I want to see - particularly at home - is maybe Webber and Kabba (boy, he needs a good stint in the team) playing slightly behind Hulse. Their pace with Hulse's aerial threat should cause one or two problems. You cannot knock Hulse's work-rate, particularly as he is up there on his own.

We knew it would be a tough season but I think it's unfair to criticise the vast majority of these players. Most of them got us into this division and they deserve a crack at it. However, the truth is that we are struggling and some new faces need to come in.

Maybe with a little off-loading (Ifill would be first out, Akinbiyi would follow) we might not need to spend as much as we think. £5m for Premiership football next season would be a steal.

According to TeleText this morning Nunez has walked out on United because he ws asked to play in the reserves against Man Utd on thursday,how can Warnock assess his fitness if he does not play.If it is true good riddance.

According to TeleText this morning Nunez has walked out on United because he ws asked to play in the reserves against Man Utd on thursday,how can Warnock assess his fitness if he does not play.If it is true good riddance.

It's on BBC website too,

Seems a bit strange this, as he can't play in first team with out being signed up. But if we did sign him then decide we didn't want him, then he would be unable to sign for another team.

Unless he has an ulterior motive for not playing a reserve game (fitness maybe) I don't see the problem

It's on BBC website too,

Seems a bit strange this, as he can't play in first team with out being signed up. But if we did sign him then decide we didn't want him, then he would be unable to sign for another team.

Unless he has an ulterior motive for not playing a reserve game (fitness maybe) I don't see the problem

He said to Warnock that he did not want to get injured because he will be playing for his country against Chile.What a waster.

Archived