Blades Chat #5 Discuss United here

Norton

Great battling performance and only 1 of the new signings in the team (which does raise the question what exactly have we spent the money on - strengthening the squad and not the team?).

hulse started, leigterwood came on and davis is injured, these was the 3 major signings we made.

sommeil will make his mark this season, but why replace a great performance by geary with sommeil?

Hello ladies...:hihi:

Just thought id pop over to the dark side and say well done, i honestly thought you were gonna win today.... i watched the match and i dont think they should have given the penalty, You was Robbed!!

well done Blades.:gag:

You played well and did sheff Proud.

must leave now.... feeling ill...........:P

hulse started, leigterwood came on and davis is injured, these was the 3 major signings we made.

sommeil will make his mark this season, but why replace a great performance by geary with sommeil?

Sorry should have said who started.

Not too sure about Leighterwood - need to see more of him but as I say was impressed with Hulse. Geary had a good game - I liked him last season but loads of people seemed to disagree, still surprises me that he wins any headers :)

Blatant penalty. It's in the rule book, if Steven Gerrard or Andy Johnson go down in the box, contact or no contact, the referee has no option but to give a penalty. Look it up. It's not Styles fault, he's just enforcing the rules...

Early contender for funniest moment of the season: Kronkamp trying to get Webber booked by kicking a free kick against his ankles. Ball goes out of play. Kronkamp appeals to Styles. Styles tells him to get on with it. Kronkamp places the ball down to retake the free kick. Styles indicates throw in. Kronkamp's shoulders drop in disbelief. Serves the cheating bugger right.

Geary was probably the best player on the pitch - cos he played well over what anybody could expect of him. I didnt expect him to be in the starting line up

geary is a great player to have in the side. but if soimething goes against him his head drops and then he needs to be taken off asap.

i love the little guy though.i still recall the day when i told him to come to the lane and he said it would never happen :hihi:

anyways...... watching MOTD this morning and Alan Shearer pops up and says it should have been a penalty. the exchange of words between him and alan hansen was quite amusing :D

it went something like this

AH: so you're saying he touched him?

AS: no but he put gerrard off his stride

AH: well are you saying that morgan went for the man then?

AS: no he definately went for the ball

AH: well its not a penalty then, the rules state there must be intent to go for the player if you dont actually touch him

Shearer then shut up ha ha..... but at least he went on to say he thinks we will stay up

Shearer has never been a big fan of the blades.

If there are 10 clear decisions in a game, especially in significant games like yesterday's, we will be lucky to get 2-3 of them in our favor. It's something we just have to get used to.

I agree with the MOTD pundits - We will stay up

Archived