Blades Chat #5 Discuss United here

Norton

Webber has had a scan on his hamstring that was troubling him last week & it is not torn,so Warnock has said he will leave it to the last minute as he want's to play against his old club.

good- id like him to play- he has got something to prove against man u- should galvanise him into form!

I'd prefer Nade to be given a proper run out.

I know at the start of the season he was suffering with his fitness levels but he's been with us for months now and should be up to form.

He's a bit of an unknown quantity to the opposition and look what he did last week, having a hand in both United goals. It remains to be seen if he can do it for the 90 minutes, but we don't know if we don't try.

Webber doesn't seem to have much of a partnership with Hulse... didn't think he was too blinding against Newcastle either, just popping up for the goal. We know what he can do but he doesn't seem to be able to do it while we're playing as we are.

Is Warnock on crack? 'He's let himself down...' The guy (his mate) slept with his f****** wife!?

And 'young lad'. He's 28!

--

Sheffield United manager Neil Warnock says he has no sympathy for Paddy Kenny after the goalkeeper had his eyebrow bitten off in a fight.

The 28-year-old was involved in a brawl in Halifax on Monday.

Warnock told BBC Radio Five Live: "He's let himself down and I think he's more embarrassed about it than anything else. This should have been avoided.

"The lads have got to learn that wherever you are when you're a Premiership footballer, you're news."

Warnock, whose side take on Premiership leaders Manchester United at Bramall Lane on Saturday, added: "I've told Paddy in the past he shouldn't be going out in Halifax.

"All of a sudden he's back out and it isn't a coincidence. He's let himself down.

"He won't be going out in Halifax again. He knows he's let me down, but things happen with young lads like that."

Republic of Ireland keeper Kenny is often the subject of jibes about his weight from rival fans and Warnock joked: "He takes a lot of pressure off me because of the chants he gets during a game.

"You asked is he big enough, I think the answer to that would be yes!"

Yes I thought Warnock's remarks were a bit insensitive, to find out once his missus has being messing around is bad enough but his so called best mate does the same. If I had been Paddy I would have ripped both there heads off & been justified in doing it.Good luck to Paddy & I hope he sort's his mess of a life out ASAP.

BREAKING NEWS: Warnock will axe players behaving badly

SHEFFIELD United manager Neil Warnock has told his Blades stars that they face the axe if off-the-field events affect their performances in the Premiership.

damn right he is too, if i came into work with no eyebrow and then i couldn't do my job cos my private life kept interfereing then i would be sacked too- footballers should be no differant!!!

everyones got to get behind paddy this week!! :D

Despite all thats gone on this week, Paddy pulled off some great stops this afternoon, on a day that was almost certainly going to end in a defeat. However, the goal by Gillespie was enough to send the blades fans into ecstasy, a 40 yard pass from Geary that Keef put away past a despairing Van der Saar.

Then Man Utd decided to play keep ball - mostly in our half - oh bugger.

I have hammered Ronaldo as much as anyone, but today, the guy showed the difference, Rooney too. Man Utd are a great side, and the gulf in class showed today.

Anyway, Watford next then West Ham, four points would do very nicely.

COME ON YOU RED AND WHITE PREMIER LEAGUE WIZARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A great performance against the 2007 Premiere League Champions,Geary was outstanding & all the players played there part,ok we were overun throughout most of the match but we held them well up to Roonsters 2nd goal.And the fans nearly blew my walkman apart the best fans in the world.Watford,West Ham & Charlton 9 points.UP THE PREMIERE LEAGUE BLADES.

Ferguson hails victory

18-11-2006 19:30

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson was delighted with the character of his side following the 2-1 win over Sheffield United on Saturday.

Two goals from Wayne Rooney secured the Red Devils position at the top of the table, and Ferguson was pleased to come away from Bramall Lane with three points.

"It was [a big win]," he told Sky Sports. "Obviously we saw the pattern of the game as Sheffield United used a system to make it difficult and they had the benefit of an early goal to try and hang on to.

"They made it difficult for us, but we had fantastic possession, made some chances and you always hope to make the breakthrough before half time.

"The goal gave us confidence and patience to wait in the second half.

"I think we played very well in the game. In the second half we had lots of chances it was good.

"It was not easy and I have seen Sheffield United recently and I think they have got to grips with Premiership and they showed they have fight in them. "

Archived