Blades Chat #5 Discuss United here

Norton

Geary was probably the best player on the pitch - cos he played well over what anybody could expect of him. I didnt expect him to be in the starting line up

Geary looked absolutely whacked at the end, but he did have a great game. I thought Ifill showed what he is capable of at times in the first half, but I wish he'd try and get crosses in, if we're playing him as an out and out winger. I also thought that Morgan had one of his best displays for the Blades, first half in particular.

Couldn't fault any of them.

anyways...... watching MOTD this morning and Alan Shearer pops up and says it should have been a penalty. the exchange of words between him and alan hansen was quite amusing :D

it went something like this

AH: so you're saying he touched him?

AS: no but he put gerrard off his stride

AH: well are you saying that morgan went for the man then?

AS: no he definately went for the ball

AH: well its not a penalty then, the rules state there must be intent to go for the player if you dont actually touch him

Shearer then shut up ha ha..... but at least he went on to say he thinks we will stay up

Absolutely hilarious. The look on Shearer's face was a picture. And then after a pause, he said, under his breath, 'I still think it was a penalty ........', like a petulant child, having to get the last word.

Shearer has never been a big fan of the blades.

If there are 10 clear decisions in a game, especially in significant games like yesterday's, we will be lucky to get 2-3 of them in our favor. It's something we just have to get used to.

I agree with the MOTD pundits - We will stay up

I wouldn't mind betting that we don't get a penalty all season.

Morgs and Unsworth were awesome;and I admit to be being a bit worried when I saw their names on the teamsheet.Damn shame about Carragher hobbling off;every time a Blades player went near him he shoved them away-obviousy not spotted by officials.What did surprise me was that it was Ifill that put him out of the game...he did something right then:hihi: .Feel a lot more optimistic after that performance.

Good to see some positive posts from S6 fans who can talk properly about football and not have to resort to name calling and slagging. Thanks for your comments to MadOwl and Nickie and well done on your first win :thumbsup:

and Michelle

There's a rumour circulating that Coventry have made a £1m bid for Ade.

If it's true I hope we accept it.

Although I'd feel really sorry for the lad if he did go back down a division after just 5 minutes of Premiership footy (seems like a nice guy and popular bloke amongst the lads), I think it would be in the best interests of the club.

Ade Akinbiyi is a target for three Championship clubs after slipping down the pecking order at Sheffield United

The 31-year-old forward made 68 appearances for Stoke between March 2003 and February 2005, with current boss Tony Pulis taking much of the credit for turning around his career after a disastrous move to Leicester City.

Akinbiyi then moved to Burnley before a big-money switch to Sheffield United.

The summer signing of Rob Hulse however means his future at Bramall Lane is uncertain and both Birmingham City and Coventry City are also thought to be keen on a deal.

Archived