Blades Chat #5 Discuss United here

Norton

Yes, i must be deaf. Maybe it was misleading for me being actually sat in the ground and not listening to it over the radio... where you can obviously see which supporters are singing.

Well I was on the Kop (as I have been for the last 12 years since the terrace went) and couldn't hear a thing from the Southerners. I thought the Kop was on tremendous form on Saturday.

i was sat on G+H block in the south stand and i could hear the kop-

Didn't picture you as a big fat guy Scott :P How many tickets did they make you pay for :hihi:

I obviously wasn't at the match but,saw it Live on telly here and the Bladesmen sounded brilliant the whole match.

I actually did hear the Moan U fans after their second goal singing something about Blades only singing when were winning ( thats kinda like the ar*eh*le calling the foot stinky ) :suspect:

Yes, i must be deaf. Maybe it was misleading for me being actually sat in the ground and not listening to it over the radio... where you can obviously see which supporters are singing.

I think a lot of the fans who listen on the radio do not get a representative "view" of the noise in the ground because of where the microphones are placed, the same with on the television.

Away at Cardiff towards the end of last season, Blades who listened on the radio said that we didn't make a peep... whereas those who were actually there couldn't have argued more. We all left without our voices that day (and a few mystery bruises from celebrating Webber's goal.)

Overall, I think our home support leaves a lot to be desired but it seems an epidemic amongst the Premiership. Of the grounds I've visited this season, Spurs probably had the best home support but a lot of that was maybe to do with the result. Fulham, Manchester City, Arsenal and Newcastle United were shocking, Everton fans even more so. There's no way that those tens of thousands of fans have not got an excuse for making a bit of noise to support their team and the same can be said for Bramall Lane.

However, take a couple of thousand hardcore out of those fans and put them in the opposition's ground and look at the difference. The Blades support on the road this season has been nothing short of fantastic, the same can be said for last season. We're on our feet for the full 90 minutes (if the stewards allow) and chanting and generally having a sense of humour about things regardless of the result.

Home matches and away matches are totally different experiences for me (although both strangely involving copious amounts of lager). Home matches are about watching a game of football from a good view with my 70 year old Nannan (who's been going to the Lane since she was 12!). Away matches are for crap views (St James' Park take a bow) but willing your team vocally to get a result against the odds.

We were one up and then we went playing on our back foot, who thought that stupid move up. If your one up you keep playing like that and possibly score again but trying to defend a 1 goal lead is for kids in the park. Warnock gives the lads fire but a bit of common sense wouldn't go amiss.

Don't get me wrong, not saying there was no noise from the cop, but from i was, the mancs seems to be singing non-stop (after they scored anyway), and the Kop didn't seem as loud as usual. It felt like we were all waiting for the other shoe to fall.

We were one up and then we went playing on our back foot, who thought that stupid move up. If your one up you keep playing like that and possibly score again but trying to defend a 1 goal lead is for kids in the park. Warnock gives the lads fire but a bit of common sense wouldn't go amiss.

Agree defensive tactics will equal certain relegation.

We are also paying the price for not signing a quality midfield player, Leighterwood is a trier, but we need a general in midfield.

Don't get me wrong, not saying there was no noise from the cop, but from i was, the mancs seems to be singing non-stop (after they scored anyway), and the Kop didn't seem as loud as usual. It felt like we were all waiting for the other shoe to fall.

At last! Someone telling the truth. I thought the Blades support was abysmal noise wise.

I accept the hardcore that go away prob makes lots of noise, but I was in a Blades section and didnt hear them at all. Two young girls in front of me spent the whole game playing "pattacake" with each other!!

And no, it wasn't the family stand!

At last! Someone telling the truth. I thought the Blades support was abysmal noise wise.

I accept the hardcore that go away prob makes lots of noise, but I was in a Blades section and didnt hear them at all. Two young girls in front of me spent the whole game playing "pattacake" with each other!!

And no, it wasn't the family stand!

<coughs>

after they scored anyway (quoted again for good measure and to get the 10 characters thing done)

<coughs again>

Archived