Blades Chat #5 Discuss United here

Norton

I think we should be aiming for 5 points Ash.

Realistically a point at West Ham and Watford and 3 off Charlton at BDTBL.

I would consider that ok

I'm not expecting us to get anything at West Ham to be honest. They pushed Chelsea all the way on Saturday at Stamford Bridge with a near 50% possession against the reigning champions. Hopefully, they aren't buoyed too much by the off-the field matters at the moment. An £85 million takeover bid has been accepted and the players will be looking to impress the new owners.

Watford again are in the same boat as us and are going to be looking at three points at Vicarage Road to attempt to distinguish themselves from the rest of the strugglers i.e. us and only a last minute penalty gave Portsmouth the win the other day.

Still... a second visit to the Boleyn and a first one at Vicarage Road beckons for me :)

Yes GCB has been around for years..THE POINT being its probably one of the most ORIGINAL football songs ever :rolleyes:

Doesn't stop the fishy people of Grimsby and some egg-chasers in Hull trying to steal it and pass it off as their own though!

I want at least 7 points from the next 3 matches to be perfectly honest- all 3 are VERY winnable games and we have to go all out to win them!

Can't fault your optimism but I'm slightly more cautious :) There isn't such a think as a certain win in this league. As long as we do our best, I won't be too upset, regardless of the result.

Anyway, there's some pictures from the match taken by moi HERE if anyone would like a neb.

It was

"He plays on the left, he plays in the right!

That boy Ronaldo,

He makes England look sh**e!"

Just wondering how you would know Guderian, Coz yesterday you said the Bladesmen weren't singing the whole match :huh:

I guess they played it over the tannoy :help:

NEIL Warnock may make a move for Manchester United striker Alan Smith.

The Sheffield United manager confirmed today that, fitness permitting, he would be interested in signing the England international "some time in the future" but only if the player can prove he is ready for first-team action.

Smith, who cost the Premier League leaders £7 million when he arrived from Leeds two seasons ago, has been plagued by injuries during his time at Old Trafford and only recently made his comeback for the reserves after recovering from a serious leg fracture.

Sunderland, Cardiff and his former employers at Elland Road have all tried and failed to lure him away from the North-west on loan. But the feeling persists he will be made available for transfer, possibly on loan, early next year.

Warnock, who also revealed that Leigh Bromby is poised to step up his comeback from a hamstring problem in a private friendly with Chesterfield, admitted he will continue to monitor Smith's situation.

"Alan is definitely someone I would be interested in having on board," he said. "The lad is a quality player.

"But it would be dependent on certain conditions.

"The first is whether Sir Alex Ferguson wants to send him somewhere, the second is whether he would want to come. And the third is what his fitness levels are like.

"Alan's been out for quite sometime and I think he's probably some way off being ready to play on a regular basis.

"In my opinion, that's probably why he doesn't seem to want to put himself in that position quite yet.

"Knowing Alan, he'll want to be right, but the answer is yes - I'd definitely try to bring him here."

United, who were beaten 2-1 by Manchester United last weekend, travel to West Ham on Saturday looking to score an important victory over one of their rivals at the foot of the table.

The news Bromby is making good progress in his fight to regain full fitness is a major boost for the Bramall Lane side as they prepare for a run of games which, by Warnock's own admission, are their most important of the season so far.

Three days after their outing in east London, United travel to Watford before entertaining bottom club Charlton.

Meanwhile, Malta forward Michael Mifsud has again claimed that United want him. The Lillestrom striker has scored 11 goals in his last 19 outings.

yeah ORIGINAL as in made up,you know Blades lad writes lyrics and posts 'em on a website and then they get sung at the match.

Are all you pigs that thick ?

I think it was around slightly before the mass outrolling of the internet though CB ;)

And with regards to Alan Smith... he was as quiet as a mouse when we played their reserves at Saltergate a couple of weeks back!

yeah ORIGINAL as in made up,you know Blades lad writes lyrics and posts 'em on a website and then they get sung at the match.

Are all you pigs that thick ?

'ORIGINAL as in made up' - :huh: Surely that should be 'original as in new, fresh, inventive, novel'

'Blades lad writes lyrics' - :huh: They can write!?

Archived