Blades Chat #5 Discuss United here

Norton

We were a totally different proposition when Kabba and Nade came on. I have never been particularly pro or anti Warnock but I have now got to the stage where he either has to stop with his tactic of playing Hulse on his own or he has to go - we will never get a thing playing 1 up front on his own. Saturday cost a lot of money to come away feeling if only...................

Completely agree with that Dot. Bearing in mind that he said that we were going for six points from the next two matches, we MUST start with two up front tomorrow, and on Saturday.

I looked at BBC ceefax local sports news & Warnock has warned his strikers they have to start scoring or we will be in trouble,does 4-5-1 mean strikers or striker ,1 cannot play up front on his own look at Arsenal they did and got slaughtered by Bolton & Arsenal's players are world class.I know I keep saying it but we have played better when we play 4-4-2 am I right or wrong.C'mon Neil think about it & use wingers we need pace down the wings,look at the top teams they all deploy wingers & have success.

Just out of interest, not that it matters now, but anyone seen the replays of the disallowed goal? I didnt record MOTD.

I saw it on Sky on Sunday morning and match of the day and it was never a foul. The West ham players did not even appeal for it. But you know as someone earlier said about Riley as a ref, its about time he was put out to grass and retired, he is a muppet. I think goalies are over protected anyway and if you cannnot win the ball when being able to use your hands against a dwarf like Geary then you must be a crapl keeper too. All that happen I thought was Geary went up for the ball and the keeper got a fist to it though it did not go far, so the ref thinking that goalies are a protected species and even if yopu fart near them they get a foul, gave a free kick

I looked at BBC ceefax local sports news & Warnock has warned his strikers they have to start scoring or we will be in trouble,does 4-5-1 mean strikers or striker ,1 cannot play up front on his own look at Arsenal they did and got slaughtered by Bolton & Arsenal's players are world class.I know I keep saying it but we have played better when we play 4-4-2 am I right or wrong.C'mon Neil think about it & use wingers we need pace down the wings,look at the top teams they all deploy wingers & have success.

And it has always been the traditional Sheffield United way, but this year we have a pitch as narrow as the one I saw in Brisbane ........ the fact that our formation is questioned by journalists on the radio should say summat really. And I'm a Warnock fan. But for pity's sake, GIVE US A CHANCE, NEIL!

We wouldn't be there but for his work, and the faith shown by the board, but we need to advance, and quickly. If he insists on this fruitless pursuit of defence, relegation will be certain. At the start of the year, we'd all have bought 17th. I'll pay double now.

When I first ever managed a team, workwise, I was given a very good piece of advice by another manager. 'Create your own team and methods; ignore what happened before. But if it doesn't work, listen to those below you as well as above you.'

Or words to that effect.

It's not working. We're better than where we are.

This might be a silly question, given the close proximity of our lower-league rivals. But does anyone know of any pubs around the Hillsborough or Malin Bridge area that show Blades matches on Sky?

dont no! but they should!! try my local - netheredge byron or brinks. they show them all! arsenal v sufc 30 dec. :love: :love: :love: 3 -0

When I first ever managed a team, workwise, I was given a very good piece of advice by another manager. 'Create your own team and methods; ignore what happened before. But if it doesn't work, listen to those below you as well as above you.'

Or words to that effect.

It's not working. We're better than where we are.

I like this thought happyh. And i totally agree with the bit i highlighted.

Early on in the season, i tried not to agree with some peoples words that NW was playing this stratogy to save face and not get thrashed every week. But i've changed my view, yes-we havent been thrashed, yes-weve not leaked too many goals, but when we go forward and play football, we've proved we can put pressure on anyone, -and beat anyone. (ok chelsea being the exception so far)

A third of the season has gone now. I see no reason to carry on with these tactics. NW was wrong when he said that we havent got enough quality to play attacking football IMO, we have got enough quality, to gain enough points to survive, then build next season.

Archived