Blades Chat #5 Discuss United here

Norton

Well if we had come away with a 0-0 tonight I would be largely disappointed.

Fans at Vicarage was poor to say the least, but the blades was fully behind there team. Good performance against a poor side. Nade could have had a hat trick, and there defence didn't know what to do with him. Quinny.... well not sure what he was doing, perhaps he was doing his version of football on ice. And Kenny I don't recall him having to make one save.

Anyways, disappointed they don't serve beer to the away fans. No room down at the back of the stands. And Yellow lines that you have to stay off even though you are not obstructing anything. hmmmmmm

Whatever, the result last night was massive. Perhaps not in the context of relegation or survival, but if we had lost the calls for Warnock to go would have started in earnest.

Only saw the highlights, but Nade got into some great positions then seemed to panick, he should have buried that header. Morg's had a good game, Jag's also. Gillespie may be getting on a bit, but his crossing is magic, and still seems to be one player who can just make a bit of time and space. Gearys doing nicely too.

Good old Danny finally made it count last night, and the three points are so important.

Two up front again on Saturday please Neil, Hulse and Webber.

Watford might be the bottom team, but we were two minutes from one point, yet again the lads stuck at it and produced.

I've always said that this year will be a struggle, it's turning out that way, but...............

COME ON YOU RED AND WHITE WIZARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If we get Lemon some shooting practice then he'll be an excellent player.

He's quick, strong, gets in good positions - but he can't hit a cows backside with a banjo.

I'd start with him and Hulse on Saturday, and bring Webber on if needs be.

----------------

Nice to see us actually get a couple of refing descissions our way though last night - blatent offside, and even more blatent pen - excellent!

If we get Lemon some shooting practice then he'll be an excellent player.

He's quick, strong, gets in good positions - but he can't hit a cows backside with a banjo.

I'd start with him and Hulse on Saturday, and bring Webber on if needs be.

----------------

Nice to see us actually get a couple of refing descissions our way though last night - blatent offside, and even more blatent pen - excellent!

I'd start Nade as well. He was awesome last night. Just needs a bit of composure and get his head up a bit more. Warnock needs to get him to one side today cos his confidence looked shot when he came off. One-on-one practice required...

I'd bring Webber in to replace Quinn. I've always stuck up for Quinn as he's the one player in the MF that can provide a spark and he takes risks instead of playing safe square balls...he's providing absolutely nothing lately, gets knocked off the ball easily and is taking up space in a team where we can't afford to carry players.

But Webber isn't a midfielder..... and he's lazy, so no chance of him tracking back to help out full-back.

Why don't we recall Kevan Hirst from his loan at Chessy. Supposed to be having a great season - granted in League 1, but he's got to be worth a try. Or dare I even say it..... No I can't say it..... Forte...... no.... it's too dyer to even consider playing him!

I know Watford have a load of injuries, but last season I thought they played some decent football.

Last night, I thought I was watching the Wimbledon side of the 1980s, they were so direct and physical. Still, I thought there could realistically be only one winner in the second half and psychologically this will do the team a lot of good.

Congrats to Boothroyd again though who refused to moan about the decisions which seemed to go against his team (offside goal and late penalty appeals). I feel a number of supposedly more respected managers can learn from him.

He claimed we deserved to win and for that performance in the second half, I fully agree with him.

We need to approach the Charlton game in the same way. To lose at home to Charlton would undo all last night's hard graft.

did you go too robbie- didn't see you mate- you should have given me a shout- had 4 spare seats in the car!!! what a crap stand!!!

anyway- great result- it wasn't pretty, it wasn't freeflowing but at the end of the day the best team won!!! fantastic team effort! if we battle like that for the rest of the season we can stay up- starting with charlton on saturday!!!

UP THE BLADES :D

But Webber isn't a midfielder..... and he's lazy, so no chance of him tracking back to help out full-back.

True. Maybe I'm getting carried away with Warnock playing the extra striker, but if we're gonna continue playing 2 defensive-minded midfielders then we need our wingers/wide-midfielders to be attack-minded.

both teams are rubbish so it doesn't matter too much about this result, championship for us and watford next season.

That's the spirit! Apparently the BBC agrees -

'If United's win was dramatic in its timing, the preceding 87 minutes provided plenty of evidence both these sides will do well to be playing Premiership football next season.

The ball was in the air as much as it was on the floor, with neither side seemingly capable or even willing to string a series of passes together.

It made for grim watching.'

Get yourselves down to Hillsborough and watch some proper footy!

True. Maybe I'm getting carried away with Warnock playing the extra striker, but if we're gonna continue playing 2 defensive-minded midfielders then we need our wingers/wide-midfielders to be attack-minded.

true.

I think Quinn is attacking minded, but he's been a bit off the boil lately.

Perhaps Paul Awful should be given a go and told "You've got one match to redeem yourself". if he has his usual game you can always bring him off at half time.

Archived