Blades Chat #5 Discuss United here

Norton

Does anyone know if there are still tickets available and what's the best way to get there if I'm driving? Thinking of parking at Cockfosters and getting the tube in. Never driven to London before, anyone got any advice? Likely drive time from Sheffield?

Tickets are still available afaik... ticket office number 0870 7871799 or boxoffice@sufc.co.uk.

The directions included in the programme state... "Take the A1/M1 to the North Circular (A406), travel west to Neasden and follow signs for Harlesdon A404, then Hammersmith A219. At Broadway, follow the Fulham sign and turn right after one mile into Harboard Street then left at the end for the ground. All parking around the ground is on-street.

Multimap reckons it'll take you 3 hours to get there (Spurs postcode: N17 0AP) from Sheffield Centre but I'd allow an extra hour at least for traffic when you hit the outskirts of London. If you can set off at dinnertime, there might still be places on the Blades official coaches - less hassle and I should hope there's a long pub stop somewhere... if it's an option for you, ask the ticket office. £23 if you aren't an Away Blade member, £20 if you are.

Hope some of that is useful.

Cheers Norton.

Looking at going to Fulham, not Spurs though :)

Pity the train's so expensive - much prefer trains to cars/busses.

Anyone else taken the drive to London and get the underground route?

You're welcome, please give me a shout if you need any more. Toodle pip. :D

"Hello? Yes. Is that the Tiling Association? Yes, my name is Jazzybmpoopig... Yes, it is a unusual name I know. I'm calling to make a complaint against one of your members. A Mr FYTC from Sheffield. Well yes, I quite reasonably requested some work doing to the John St Stand of the Sheffield United Football Ground. Where? No, it's in Sheffield...There in the Premier League. Never mind.

The work requested? It was the tiling of the entire stand. Yes, what tiles? Let me see...they were...just a moment I have the catalogue here...the Blue and White ceramics...with mottled fade...Well basically he said there wasn't a pig in hells chance of him doing the work and he became abusive...Yes I know it's unacceptable. Ok then i'll leave it with you. Thank you."

Shipperley's a good striker if he's got someone doing his running for him.

His hold up play's excellent, he's a good finisher, and strong in the air. He's just incredibly slow.

I do agree that selling Ade would leave a small gap in the squad, but I'm sure if the deal goes through Warnock will not leave that money in the bank for long, and I'd love to have Nugent at the Lane....

"Hello? Yes. Is that the Tiling Association? Yes, my name is Jazzybmpoopig... Yes, it is a unusual name I know. I'm calling to make a complaint against one of your members. A Mr FYTC from Sheffield. Well yes, I quite reasonably requested some work doing to the John St Stand of the Sheffield United Football Ground. Where? No, it's in Sheffield...There in the Premier League. Never mind.

The work requested? It was the tiling of the entire stand. Yes, what tiles? Let me see...they were...just a moment I have the catalogue here...the Blue and White ceramics...with mottled fade...Well basically he said there wasn't a pig in hells chance of him doing the work and he became abusive...Yes I know it's unacceptable. Ok then i'll leave it with you. Thank you."

Peter Kay must be sh***ing himself. :D

Manager Neil Warnock has named a 20-man squad for the game, with Ian Bennett, Alan Quinn, Nick Montgomery and Rob Kozluk the additions from the 16 on duty against Liverpool.

Team (from): Kenny, Bromby, Unsworth, Morgan, Jagielka, Ifill, Hulse, Webber, Tonge, Armstrong, Geary, Akinbiyi, Sommeil, Gillespie, Nade, Leigertwood, Quinn, Montgomery, Kozluk, Bennett.

Only player I think Warnock should change for Tuesday night is Ifill - I can forgive him for not having a great game, but I cannot forgive the apparent LACK of effort!! he didn't look like he was trying!

either Keith or Leigertwood on the left for me I think!

Everyone else deserves to keep their shirt!

Archived