Blades Chat #5 Discuss United here

Norton

The Kop was buzzing, i havnt heard the atmosphere like that this season, even when we were 1 down. Well done lads and lasses!

I was sat on the kop and actually thought for most of the first half you could hear a pin drop!

it only came alive in the second half, and when we scored our first the atmos was great!

Big well done to Steven Quinn!!!!!!! thought he was excellent Saturday. Looked really confident and looked like he believed that he SHOULD be playing at this level (certain senior players should take note).

We still need a new central midfield! Andy Reid took the P*ss on Saturday - Jags is NO MIDFIELDER, and MONTY is NO FOOTBALLER!! - How that man makes a living from "playing" football is beyond me!

Me and a few mates had the discussion Saturday - Is he the worst player in modern history to wear the red&white? .... we decided it was between him and Bobby Ford, with Spackman being a close 3rd!

Bobby Ford by a country mile.

The worrying thing at the time was that Warnock regularly said that he was "the first name on my team sheet" !!!

I know the excuse managers use with this type of player is:

"He does a lot of work that the crowd can't see and doesn't appreciate"

but this doesn't wash with Monty. I make a point of watching what he does throughout a game, and he just runs around like an idiot with no real idea of what he's doing. he just follows the ball like a poor player in an under 9's side.

I mean, fair do's, he never gets tired, but in that case get a marathon runner in the centre of the park - they'd have the same ball skills!

I was sat on the kop and actually thought for most of the first half you could hear a pin drop!

it only came alive in the second half, and when we scored our first the atmos was great! ........

I'd agree with that, I was in the south stand and it was the same until we scored then it was buzzing.

Terry Garbett, Cliff Calvert, Dennis Longhorn, John Flood, Mike Guy, Craig Renwick, Andy Keeley, Tony Moore, Len De Goey, Derek Richardson, Duggie Brown, Martin Kuhl, Cliff Powell, Darren Carr, Paul Williams, Mike Lake, Nathan Peel, Jonas Wirmola, Mark Foran, Phil Starbuck, Kingsley Black, Paul Holland, Mark Beard, Brett Angell, Gary Ablett, John (£1m for 45mins) Ebbrell, Jon Cullen, Des Hamilton, Jonathan Hunt, Andy Campbell.............aaaaaaghh!

And we criticise the current lot?!

Terry Garbett, Cliff Calvert, Dennis Longhorn, John Flood, Mike Guy, Craig Renwick, Andy Keeley, Tony Moore, Len De Goey, Derek Richardson, Duggie Brown, Martin Kuhl, Cliff Powell, Darren Carr, Paul Williams, Mike Lake, Nathan Peel, Jonas Wirmola, Mark Foran, Phil Starbuck, Kingsley Black, Paul Holland, Mark Beard, Brett Angell, Gary Ablett, John (£1m for 45mins) Ebbrell, Jon Cullen, Des Hamilton, Jonathan Hunt, Andy Campbell.............aaaaaaghh!

And we criticise the current lot?!

Jesus - how many of them have played in "recent times"?

I am 23, and I recognise from Phil Starbuck onwards!

and yes I do criticice Monty, because he is absolutely USELESS

if I were playing down Pitz Soccer on a Tuesday night and he rang up and said "do you need an extra player?" I'd be like "Yes, what are you like in goal, cus you're F-ing useless outfield"

...........and yes I do criticice Monty, because he is absolutely USELESS

if I were playing down Pitz Soccer on a Tuesday night and he rang up and said "do you need an extra player?" I'd be like "Yes, what are you like in goal, cus you're F-ing useless outfield"

Although it pains me I have to agree, his workrate is incredible but so is a Skegness Donkey's and it probably has the edge in skill. :(

Although it pains me I have to agree, his workrate is incredible but so is a Skegness Donkey's and it probably has the edge in skill. :(

For all his faults, It was his Jinking run at Newcastle that set up the goal that gave us 3 fully deserved points :thumbsup:

Archived