Blades Chat #5 Discuss United here

Norton

A good second half... Nade looks like he could be very useful. Ade needs to be dropped... shocking. Nice to see Quinn come on, although his freekick was not his best. Jags made a fantastic slide to stop a third goal (If Phil Neville can still get in the England team, why not Jags?)... If anything, the defence is looking a bit slow, I'm not sure Morgan has what it takes, and Bromby doesn't look like he is quite up to this level... maybe he's still learning, so i'll hold judgement.

Yeah forgot about Hulse, hopefully back.. he looked good considering he was on his own on saturday.

I dont think we need to play quite so far back against fulham, fulham are expected to beat us, and in both games so far, weve shown we can pass the ball about, just dont seem to get the last ball in.

ty cb, head is held high cause after 16 minutes i was getting ready to change underwear!

ash

Hopefully Warnock's using these early games to assess who is actually good enough for the Premiership and who is clearly not.

IMHO, I think Tonge, Armstrong, Jags (in defence, not midfield), Nade, Webber, Morgan and Hulse look like they're ready. I think Quinn will do well given the chance, Bromby may fair better at full-back, and Montgomery could be a plus in his usual kick-the-hell-out-of-em role.

I'm afraid Ade and Unsworth have looked poor. Ifill deserves a chance.

Maybe with Unsworth struggling we could try for Bernard again?

RE: Nade. His hold-up play was excellent and looked strong with a good touch. Be interesting to see him partner one of our strikers instead of Ade.

It showed who had the world class players last night,Spurs were great in the 1st half,but we played much better in the 2nd half,it is only our 2nd match & a lot of our players will have learned a lot last night,but losing Hulse & Geary was a major blow,Ade I felt sorry for him he did not stand a chance against there pace.But Warnock will take a lot from the game and assess who is god enough to start & who is not.WE ARE PREMIERE LEAGUE.

Just heard the score against Tottenham! Now I'm not going to be nasty cause apparantly you played well so I'm just going to say never mind and hope your next game goes better. At least one Sheffield team is in the top flight! I just hope we can play you again next season be it in the premiership or the Championship. I miss the derbies goddammit!!!

Hillsborough is a decent stadium,but ours is of Premiere League status & looks it.And after 2 matches why would we want our manager out,we are still in a better position than the Owls.As for a bigger club don't make me laugh,most Owls fans on the forum have wished us good luck & vice versa,so grow up and accept we are Premiere League.

Hillsborough is a decent stadium.... but old... you may at the moment be a premier league team but your stadium is far from it, Stamford Bridge, St James park, Old Trafford, it aint.... you are in a better position than us... cos we are skint.... as for bigger... lets wait and see to answer than shall we... or maybe you should answer me this first.... where does a blade keep his loyalty? and and where were all you so called true fans when you were crap?? how many season tickets did you sell back then?? when we went down our season ticket sales went up..... so lets wait and see......how many utd fans stay if/when that happens... i honestly wish utd all the best in the premier league we both know its going to be a bumpy ride... as for growing up having to accept YOU are premier league.... the league says you are... your ground may look a little premier league.... but your support and loyalty is still Conference.... you cant just sing when your winning mate!

owl4life.

.... but your support and loyalty is still Conference.... you cant just sing when your winning mate!

owl4life.

Been a debate on TalkSport this morning about who has the loudest support.

United got a few mentions.

Wednesday got none while I was tuned in.

You might as well post a cheque for the ticket price and stop at home.

Archived