Blades Chat #5 Discuss United here

Norton

Just been told by another mate that you can buy ART (Arabic Satelitte Channel) cards for you sky box that gives you a years subscription to the sport network which includes ALL live English Premier League matches.

Is this true and do these cards work in any skybox?

Info here

Can buy here

The Fulham match is live on ART sports 3.

It's also live at Craven Cottege, SW6.

Anyone else from the forum off to the big smoke tomorrow?

I wish.

I'm a new dad so thoughts of season tickets and away days are over for this season. Gonna try to afford to get to as many as I can and watch the rest on tv if possible.

Hopefully we'll stay up then I can get a season ticket next summer and the lad with me!!!

Phil Jagielka has revealed that he has a release clause in his new Sheffield United contract.

The 24-year-old has just signed a new three-year deal at Bramall Lane - but Jagielka has wasted little in confirming that there were indeed clauses which would secure his release should United get relegated at the end of the season.

"I am pleased everything is has been sorted out, there are bits and bobs in the contract that the club were happy putting in," he said.

"It is in both mine and the club's interests that the clauses are in there.

"The club has come up with a valuation they think is fair that would come into play should we go down.

"If I want to speak to another club then they will allow me to do so. But I'm not thinking like that. If we did then we might as well pack our bags and go home now.

"There is still a long way to go and a lot of points to play for. I'm hoping we can move forward together over the next three years."

Well, my son has arrived at Craven Cottage.

They took the lids of the bottles of drink he took with him. "Fair enough," you might say, but the irony is that they leave the lids on the bottles of pop they sell in the ground. :rolleyes:

There are notices in the ground saying 'Beware of flying footballs!' :rolleyes:

Sausage rolls cost £2.50 ... with no meat in them.

Apparently, compard to such as Oakwell and Millmoor, it is a tip.

And to cap it all, he reckons Poll is reffing it. :shakes::help:

Fulham 1 - 0 Blades

From the BBC:

"In a game of low quality, Fulham deserved to win - their defence holding firm against a blunt United attack, while their own attack should have added more than the one goal.

The only time Fulham really looked in trouble was when Danny Webber found space in the penalty area and tucked the ball into the corner - only for the effort to be disallowed for offside.

The game's tempo dipped after the break - it had started at a good pace, although with little Premiership flair it resembled a Championship match.

And newly-promoted United could be heading back there unless they can play with greater freedom.

The hosts were little better for most of the time but their top-flight experience told, with Papa Bouba Diop the difference in midfield.

But sensing their need to pick up points at places like Fulham, United began to press on.

The trouble was they lacked the know-how to make any inroads and instead presented their opponents with opportunities for the counter-attack."

Looks promising don't it.:(

hiya just wanted to post something that may be of interest im afraid im not a united fan although my hubbie is. a few of you have mentioned about this jagielka ( not sure how to spell it but im sure you know who i mean). my hubby was watching sky sports a couple of days ago when warnock and another of uniteds ex managers was on ( as i said not being a utd fan dont know the names but knew the face of this other manager) my hubby was shocked when warnock said that a cotract for this j.... player was signed the day before . from what my hubby said this was breaking news and straight out of the horses mouth.dont know if this has actually been made official but i heard this with my own ears. hope this settles thing for some of you

well what a great day :D

we lost the car though :( lol, but it dint matter as we just stopped at every pub on way back, and also to a lovely fayre ha ha

great spirits again from the blades, continuous singing.

on performances so far we wont stay up, and the reason for this is because we dont have that cutting edge. we dont even get many shots on target. and again referees are against us LOL.

for some reason poll gave the free kick which led to bullards goal. but i think it was a very dubious decision

McBride was backing in to Morgan,another Poll howler, but Fulham deserved the win,Bullard could have had 2 or 3 goals nobody seemed to pick him up.As for Paddy's positioning at the free kick was poor,Jags should have been in midfield & Leigertwood in defence,Jags is a better midfielder than him.We need a new right back, Unsworth passing was poor & a midfielder who can pass the ball to the strikers.Maybe we will play better when Davis & Geary are back in the team.Warnock stated we lacked that bit of quality in the team,we lacked a lot of quality,I felt sorry for the strikers as the service was very poor,we need to get something out of playing teams like Fulham or we will be in trouble.Although we have only played 3 matches I do not think it is time to panic.We have 2 week's for Warnock to get a couple of players in,so let's see what happens.

Archived