Blades Chat #5 Discuss United here

Norton

We have bromby/geary/kozzy/sommeil all for right back spot.

We need a midfield general, a huge factor in any league is keeping possession especially in this league,we have had one or two dodgy mistakes made by refs, but we are misleading ourselves ,we are not creating enough chances.

How many clear cut chances in the first three games ,compared to the opposition?

We need a midfield general, a huge factor in any league is keeping possession especially in this league,we have had one or two dodgy mistakes made by refs, but we are misleading ourselves ,we are not creating enough chances.

How many clear cut chances in the first three games ,compared to the opposition?

clear cut? er..... i'd say about 3 :(

We need a striker with some vision, as well as a playmaker in midfield... its a lot to ask, but as we all know, there just haven't been enough chances created to score any goals from open play. Webber and Hulse are good players, but if they can't make good runs into space, then we need a good midfielder who will create chances.

I agree that it doesn't look good at the moment, but with a couple of home games coming up, lets see if the players can make the lane somewhere that teams fear coming to... which is the key to staying up.

McBride was backing in to Morgan,another Poll howler, but Fulham deserved the win,Bullard could have had 2 or 3 goals nobody seemed to pick him up.As for Paddy's positioning at the free kick was poor,Jags should have been in midfield & Leigertwood in defence,Jags is a better midfielder than him.We need a new right back, Unsworth passing was poor & a midfielder who can pass the ball to the strikers.Maybe we will play better when Davis & Geary are back in the team.Warnock stated we lacked that bit of quality in the team,we lacked a lot of quality,I felt sorry for the strikers as the service was very poor,we need to get something out of playing teams like Fulham or we will be in trouble.Although we have only played 3 matches I do not think it is time to panic.We have 2 week's for Warnock to get a couple of players in,so let's see what happens.

Neil is yet to make a significant signing ,OK the record signing is injured,but from the evidence so far not one of the signings paid for or free is better than what we had ,OK we do not need to panic ,but we do need a couple of quality players from somewhere,end of the year, we may be already doomed. This may appear negative I am concerned.

Sheffield United are reportedly ready to table a £4million bid for Preston hotshot David Nugent.

The People claim that the Blades board are ready to smash their transfer record - set earlier in the summer when they splashed £3million to land Claude Davis from Preston - to bring the England U21 frontman to Bramall Lane.

The paper says that United could be ready to offer Ade Akinbiyi in part exchange, even though United boss Neil Warnock recently stated the experienced frontman would not be leaving.

The Blades are also being linked with a move for Colchester defender Greg Halford.

The 21-year-old, who has made over 100 appearances for the U's, is also believed to be on Crystal Palace's list of targets.

Sheffield United are reportedly ready to table a £4million bid for Preston hotshot David Nugent.

i doubt very much that we will get nugent as he has stated he desn't want to come to us but if it does happen i'll be well happy with that. getting rid of ade as well, woohoo

Archived