Blades Chat #5 Discuss United here

Norton

Makes perfect sense for him. From what I hear most Newcastle fans didn't want him to leave originally

Bernard was woeful at Saints in our relegation season.

I thought he'd be a great signing, but he was the worst of a joke of a defence. His positioning, his workrate, his concentration were all terrible.

Maybe Newcastle can take him back to his best, but I'd say you're lucky not to have got him.

I gutted we never made a move for Kavanagh or Idiakez. £500k and £250K for two quality players. I'm not going to say I know Warnock's job better than he does, but I do rate these two and think they could have been good additions to the squad.

Still, up the red and white wizzards!!:thumbsup:

I gutted we never made a move for Kavanagh or Idiakez. £500k and £250K for two quality players. I'm not going to say I know Warnock's job better than he does, but I do rate these two and think they could have been good additions to the squad.

Still, up the red and white wizzards!!:thumbsup:

Definately with regards to Kav, we should have lodged a bid. Idiakez can be a bit lazy apparently. But definately would have like to have bid for both.

Perhaps even a £2 million bid for marcus bent, bring him back to the lane.

Rob Kozluk and Neil Shipperley could be heading out of Sheffield United once the transfer window re-opens in January.

The experienced duo were circulated by United to potential suitors just before yesterday`s transfer window closed. With manager Neil Warnock presently reluctant to sell any members of his first team squad, Kozluk and Shipperley would most probably have been made available for loan in order for them to receive first team football and regain their match sharpness.

Phil Jagielka insists safeguarding Sheffield United's Premiership status comes above all other personal ambitions this season.

The tigerish midfielder is a key figure at Bramall Lane and he handed the club a major fillip when signing a new deal recently.

Jagielka has always been rated highly by manager Neil Warnock and he is looking to catch the eye of new England chief Steve McClaren in his first season in the top flight.

Representing his country is a major ambition of Jagielka's, but his first priority is to keep the Blades in the top flight.

"Obviously, every player has ambitions to play for his country and I am no different," the 24-year-old told the Sunday Mirror.

"It is not a priority at the moment because my first target is to help United stay up.

"Anything after that would be a bonus but, I guess, if I score 15 goals this season from midfield then I might get touted for England."

I just hope Warnock plays him in the right position to allow him to score 15 goals.

Hopefully this will happen when Davis returns from Injury. Then Jags move up to midfield and create a few chances for our forwards.

I hope so benclements2 he is better for us in midfield,what get's me is last week Warnock said he was our Gerrard how can he be playing in defence.Just have to keep fingers x & see what he does this weekend.

I hope so benclements2 he is better for us in midfield,what get's me is last week Warnock said he was our Gerrard how can he be playing in defence.Just have to keep fingers x & see what he does this weekend.

Yep. Come on you Blades! 2 home games now...4 points I reckon. :)

Gem

Archived