Blades Chat #5 Discuss United here

Norton

I don't know how this is being defined as a big game for us this early. Blackburn are effectively a top 8 team, yes i know we need the points, but just because they are currently below us in the table doesnt mean they are an easy team to beat. I'd be satisfied with a point today to be honest. But I'm very wary about the McCarthy/Roberts partnership

Team News:

Sheffield United (from): Kenny, Unsworth, Morgan, Jagielka, Ifill, Akinbiyi, Hulse, Webber, Quinn, Sommeil, Kozluk, Tonge, Gillespie, Wright, Armstrong, Leigertwood, Shipperley, Nade, Kazim-Richards, Bennett.

Gobsmacked/Stunned/ these are a few words of how I feel & so many Blades fans today, we played really well & deserved to win, but our strikers have got to start hitting the target, if they cannot score from a penalty it is worrying, but the upside on the penalty misses Unsworth & Hulse could play for England neither can score from the spot.I knew when Unsworth was about to take the penalty he would miss & I said to my wife when we got the second , we cannot miss again can we, we sure did.We are 3rd from bottom & the same points as Arsenal so I think we are going to storm up the league when our strikers find their boots. Bring on Reading.

Not a brilliant game quality wise - but we made chances, and thats got to be good. All we need to do is put them away. It could have been five for the Blades today - but why on earth we can't score from the spot is madness. I am convined Blackburn would have caved in had we got the early goal, Rob Hulse will be kicking himself all over when he sees match of the day.

Great effort from everyone on the pitch, Paddy had little to bother about other than that great penalty stop - onwards and upwards.

Keep believing blades, Reading up next.

COME ON YOU RED AND WHITE WIZARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived