Blades Chat #5 Discuss United here

Norton

Sheffield United assistant boss Stuart McCall has indicated that he will quit the club at the end of the season.

The Blades number two recently agreed a new 12-month contract with the Blades but has made no secret of his ambition to become a manager.

Can't really blame him. He must feel that, rightly or wrongly, he's just been pushed one rung down the ladder.

No I don't thinks so chuffinel, Kidd was brought in because of his experience & Warnock has said that the squad size being what it is he needed another coach to help. I think McCall has the same thoughts of being a manager because of Boothroyd at Watford being so young , he feels he could do a simular job, but one thing in his favour having Kidd there he will learn from him & to be honest I hope he stays as he could be a future manager at the Lane.

this might have been discussed but i heard NW didn't have any transfer money cos if we were still in trouble at crimbo he would go and the new manager would have the cash.

if thats the case is brian kidd already lined up for the job with stu as no 2!!!

oh and i hope i am wrong but i have a feeling reading might win.

up the blades

Reading where very lucky thats a FACT, I went to the game at the madjeski last season and we was robbed just because we should have had a stonewall penalty but as usual the ref cocks up and we suffer yet again at the hands of a poor ref.

Blade win 2-1 hulse ifill doyle for them

last season we should have beat them at our ground, and although they was the better team at the madjeski, it was only a dodgy ref which stopped us winning in final few mins, but then they went on to score and win game.

As for sat, i wont be happy with anything less than a win

We have had dodgy refs in our first two home matches this season. I mean out of the 4 penalties given this season at the lane how may of them were **** poor decisions. All of them. And to think I used to say championship refs were useless:hihi:

there was only 1 of them a stonewall penalty and that was the one on hulse where the ref repeatedly told khizanishvilli that he was watching him from holding and pull shirts and he carried on so he said right you carried on i will award a penalty and that was the correct decision the other 2 pens where no where near worth a penalty oh well.

SHEFFIELD United manager Neil Warnock today revealed his biggest regret of the season so far.

Despite watching United miss two penalties during last weekend's dramatic goalless draw with Blackburn Rovers - a result which leaves the Premiership newcomers still searching for their first win of the new campaign - Warnock admits his failure to strengthen his midfield could prove a more costly error.

United play host to Reading this afternoon looking to secure a morale-boosting victory over the team which beat them to the Championship title earlier this year.

Setting his players a target of a point a game from their next 15 matches, Warnock, who will give Michael Tonge "right until the last moment" to declare himself fit for today's game, said: "With hindsight, I would have brought someone else in (to midfield).

"I had the chance to get someone on transfer deadline day and, looking back, we probably should have gone ahead, especially for the money they were talking."

News that Tonge is a major doubt to face Steve Coppell's side has not only underlined his importance to United's cause but also served to highlight one possible area of weakness in an otherwise impressive squad.

Anyone else been saying that since we got promoted?

We are seriously short (creatively) in midfield if Tonge is out and unless Warnock is planning on trying either Stephen Quinn or Nicky Law he will have to bring someone in during January cuz if any of our midfielders suffer even just a week injury we're gonna be struggling.

As much as I think they'er good players we would struggle to create much with Lietgerwood, Jags or Monty in the centre together.

Leigertwood was the man of the match last week, he played really well.I do think we are lightweight in midfield but if Warnock puts Jags back in midfield now that Davis is fit we should be ok.Come On You Red & White Wizaaards.

Archived