Blades Chat #5 Discuss United here

Norton

It's no good burrying heads in the sand, Arsenal have had a bad start but we all know they will recover but there just isn't the talent at this level at the Lane particularly in the Management, 18 seconds, it's the time it takes to trot down to the goal. It reminds me of the Man.U. match when Best ripped the " defence " apart the last time the Blades tried the top division with mediocre players.

Was that the match at OT ?

10,000 Blades locked out, If its the same match I am thinking about, weren't we unbeaten in 10 matches or so and we lost 2-0.

Best went across the entire face of goal and 3 or 4 Blades watched him :mad:

Brilliant goal though, and second only to Tc's against West Ham :D

trivia for ya FB, who scored Man U'S 2nd goal that day , not to many remember because the Best goal was so brilliant

CB

They seem more worried about how the Blades are doing nowadays Tosh.

They think (and they might be right) that we are coming straight back down and will be playing us next season but, they will be going down if they dont win a few matches :hihi:

True canadablade but don't some of the Owls fans who come on our thread get on the nerves,you would think they would be talking about there joke of a team.

It's no good burrying heads in the sand, Arsenal have had a bad start but we all know they will recover but there just isn't the talent at this level at the Lane particularly in the Management, 18 seconds, it's the time it takes to trot down to the goal. It reminds me of the Man.U. match when Best ripped the " defence " apart the last time the Blades tried the top division with mediocre players.

The thing is it was just a fluke goal,how many times has that happened over the years,Besty some years ago & it was a brilliant goal from him, not a long ball up field.

Were you at the match in the early 70s ,yes Best did score but only when Gilbert Reece went to play left back as we were down to 10 men Ted Hemsley having gone off injured,you insult that side, have you become brainless like the Yanks?

Was that the match at OT ?

10,000 Blades locked out, If its the same match I am thinking about, weren't we unbeaten in 10 matches or so and we lost 2-0.

Best went across the entire face of goal and 3 or 4 Blades watched him :mad:

Brilliant goal though, and second only to Tc's against West Ham :D

trivia for ya FB, who scored Man U'S 2nd goal that day , not to many remember because the Best goal was so brilliant

CB

The very same match yes thousands were locked out, we were playing with 10 men Floridablade muust have had his brain fried by the Yanks ,to call that side mediocre.

He also doesn't understand the offside law. The worst performance by any official in years at the Lane.

I was at the game, sat very close to the linesman... how did he not understand the offside laws? When it was flicked on, he gave offside. It is embarrasing to sit on the cop and hear so many people shouting 'offside' from a goal kick.

True canadablade but don't some of the Owls fans who come on our thread get on the nerves,you would think they would be talking about there joke of a team.

Boys, Boys, boys - far be it from me to post on YOUR sacred thread, but I think you'll find that Venger is a Liverpool fan.

So you've just made yourselves look like a right pair of t*ts:hihi: :hihi:

(Sorry tosh - you always come across as a decent enough bloke, but if you want to talk about posting on the wrong thread, just take a quick gander at your mate CB's post record - see how many times he's posted on the Wednesday thread....)

I was at the game, sat very close to the linesman... how did he not understand the offside laws? When it was flicked on, he gave offside. It is embarrasing to sit on the cop and hear so many people shouting 'offside' from a goal kick.

No he didn't ...... and yes, I got sick and tired of explaining it too ...... incidentally, because I'm on the the John Street side of the Kop so didn't have the best view, just haw many times was the ball out and no throw in given? I (hazily after last night and this afternoon's ale/cider/whiskey/meths) recall at least three huge shouts for it ........

Archived