Blades Chat #5 Discuss United here

Norton

serious reason we lost;

1. We decided that playing football would be a bad idea and decided to lump long hopefull balls up to our strikers

2. just because Ade is over 6' means he must be fantastic in the air, and must be a target man.

3. Jags is a centre back, not a midfielder - and that's his only chance of making the England squad EVER

4. Ifill is F-ing C**P

notice when, at half time, Warnock changed the team to the one 29,000 other people would have picked from the 1st minute, we looked like a decent side!!!

Sheffield United boss Neil Warnock has invited former Everton goalkeeper Paul Gerrard to train with the club and may hand the 33-year-old a deal. Also Portsmouth are looking at bringing Lee Hendrie in on loan,why the hell doesn't Warnock go for him, he has the midfield experience we need at the moment & Jags is a defender a good one better than midfield.Unsworth is garbage too slow.Ade is not of Premiereship quality & poor Iffill he is out of his depth.Quinn & Gillespie in from the start it would have been a different ball game.

notice when, at half time, Warnock changed the team to the one 29,000 other people would have picked from the 1st minute, we looked like a decent side!!!

But the question is, has Warnock learnt anything from that??

I wouldn't say we looked that great - we were still hoofing it - but we didn't look as disorganised. I do think that the long balls were part of some sort of master plan from the manager rather than our players just wantnig to get rid of it - get ball to Hulse's head, Ade runs off him and scores every time... Maybe he'd spotted a weakness in Sonko's ability to deal with the high ball......:loopy:

But the question is, has Warnock learnt anything from that??

I wouldn't say we looked that great - we were still hoofing it - but we didn't look as disorganised. I do think that the long balls were part of some sort of master plan from the manager rather than our players just wantnig to get rid of it - get ball to Hulse's head, Ade runs off him and scores every time... Maybe he'd spotted a weakness in Sonko's ability to deal with the high ball......:loopy:

i disagree! I think Warnock told them to play long ball!

why would our players take it upon themselves to play long ball against the lesser oposition we've played all season?!?!

it came from the manager!

Long ball won't work in that division, period! I'm no master tactician but to me - through balls done the channels and let Akinbadbuy and Hulse use their strength to hold the ball up for the midfield who should (hopefully) be running in, in support. Worked well for ya'll last season - why change if it isn't fixed. Just a thought.

Archived