Blades Chat #5 Discuss United here

Norton

We didnt loose to them in the 90 minutes in the cups did we- infact we should have won but the ref disallowed cullips goal- and they could only beat us on penalties!!!

What im trying to say is they were a lot better side then than they are now- so there is no reason to be afraid of them!

Serious question (well, as serious as I can be on this thread :) ). With the imminent departure of KB from L**ds, are the Blade's not concerned that should Warnock NOT work out then Leeds would have had the pick of the bunch already:

- Curbishley

- Souness

- Robson

- Sven :gag::hihi:

They can have the 2.3.&4 but Curbs is a class manager & if the unthinkable happened & Warnock did go .I would love Curbs to be our manager,but I think Warnock will turn things around, no worries yet as we waited until the 8th match in 92 to get our first win.

We didnt loose to them in the 90 minutes in the cups did we- infact we should have won but the ref disallowed cullips goal- and they could only beat us on penalties!!!

What im trying to say is they were a lot better side then than they are now- so there is no reason to be afraid of them!

True scottf I think we could get a draw at the Emerates stadium,they are finding it tough with a new pitch so Wenger say's,but they destroyed Man Utd at the weekend,but things are different at home.If we play like we did against Liverpool or Blackburn we could spring a suprise, like the man said "football is a funny old game".

i understand that part, but i didn't understand the part about being the only side not to lose to them over 90 minutes

Davis & Li Tie will play a part in tonights game against Bury,Warnock stated that Tie has come to play football at the Lane & he is not there for commercial reasons.Both Quinn brothers will play together for the first time tonight in a competitive match.

Serious question (well, as serious as I can be on this thread :) ). With the imminent departure of KB from L**ds, are the Blade's not concerned that should Warnock NOT work out then Leeds would have had the pick of the bunch already:

- Curbishley

- Souness

- Robson

- Sven :gag::hihi:

Why would we bother about what a championship side does if united decide to sack warnock (which i think they won't)- im sure we will be able to attract managers of equal or better quality- remember -we are in the premiership.

i understand that part, but i didn't understand the part about being the only side not to lose to them over 90 minutes

That was the season they went unbeaten and beat everyone in the league either home or away- apart from us- who they only beat on penalties :D

Yes I used to go to all the home matches in the early 70s & saw some of the greats at the Lane.Also the match that stands out for me was when we beat Ipswich 6-1 I think that was the end score.

It was actually 7-0 Tosh and Woody got 4 goals :D

Some games that stood out for me were

Blades 5 Cardiff 1

Blades 3 Watford 0

Blades 3 Owls 2

Wow what a season that 1970-71 season was :thumbsup:

Why would we bother about what a championship side does if united decide to sack warnock (which i think they won't)- im sure we will be able to attract managers of equal or better quality- remember -we are in the premiership.

Yeah, I know Scott, you're the team...hang on, I have the Metro here...yes...Sports/football section...Yup, Premiership table...Now, 1, 2, 3, 4...dum-de-dum...no...little bit further...yep, not quite there yet...ah, here we go...right at the very bottom.

'Remember', oh Scott, how could we forget?? :)

Archived