Blades Chat #5 Discuss United here

Norton

At least ex-Blade Simon Francis has his head screwed on right, or is it sour grapes. You decide! (Taken from Star website http://www.sheffieldtoday.net/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=59&ArticleID=1775142)

'The Owls are bigger than the top-flight Blades

SHEFFIELD Wednesday are still a "bigger club" than United, according to ex-Blade Simon Francis.

Francis turned his back on the chance of Premiership football by leaving Bramall Lane for Southend in the summer.

And he is convinced the Blades still have some way to go before they can claim all the bragging rights over their Championship neighbours.

He said: "Wednesday are a bigger club than United because they have been in the Premiership before and done well.

"At the end of the day, Sheffield Wednesday have the Premiership set-up.

"They have been in the Premiership before, they have a big ground and a good manager."

Whether Francis believes United also possess the latter is a moot point as Neil Warnock allowed him just eight starts in two years after recruiting him from Bradford.

But at Southend - currently above the Owls in the Championship table - he is a regular at right-back under Steve Tilson.

He said: "My time at Sheffield United was more frustrating than anything.

"For the two years I was there I only managed to play about 10 games all in all and when that happens you know you aren't at the right club. It was a breath of fresh air coming to Southend."

The Shrimpers are two points and three places above the Owls, in 18th spot.

At least ex-Blade Simon Francis has his head screwed on right, or is it sour grapes. You decide! (Taken from Star website http://www.sheffieldtoday.net/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=59&ArticleID=1775142)

To be honest, it is definately sour grapes. Had he not mentioned the games he had played it might have made me think otherwise

I know man. Don't you think the only football relief I get is coming on here and winding all my friends...and you are all friends (there's a lot of luv on this thread today)...up. It hurts to admit it but my footballing life has got so petty, that I was so happy after Reading's first goal I actually dropped my tools (for I was building a wardrobe, listening to Radio Sheffield at the time), did a little 6 second impromptu MC Hammer dance and fireman's lifted my bird around the bedroom...it got a little steamy after that, so ill leave it there, but you get the gist.

I kindof apologise here, but I bet you did the same after 'I've had way too much...' Parkin scored his second for Hull! Be honest now!

Yup. I did. I admit it. Sorry for breaking your hammer, your other half is a lovely woman, and I've fixed your wardrobe :hihi::thumbsup:

I know man. Don't you think the only football relief I get is coming on here and winding all my friends...and you are all friends (there's a lot of luv on this thread today)...up. It hurts to admit it but my footballing life has got so petty, that I was so happy after Reading's first goal I actually dropped my tools (for I was building a wardrobe, listening to Radio Sheffield at the time), did a little 6 second impromptu MC Hammer dance and fireman's lifted my bird around the bedroom...it got a little steamy after that, so ill leave it there, but you get the gist.

I kindof apologise here, but I bet you did the same after 'I've had way too much...' Parkin scored his second for Hull! Be honest now!

I hope it took you longer to score than it took Kevin Doyle :hihi:

How is the wardrobe by the way??

'The Owls are bigger than the top-flight Blades

SHEFFIELD Wednesday are still a "bigger club" than United, according to ex-Blade Simon Francis.

Francis turned his back on the chance of Premiership football by leaving Bramall Lane for Southend in the summer.

And he is convinced the Blades still have some way to go before they can claim all the bragging rights over their Championship neighbours.

He said: "Wednesday are a bigger club than United because they have been in the Premiership before and done well.

"At the end of the day, Sheffield Wednesday have the Premiership set-up.

"They have been in the Premiership before, they have a big ground and a good manager."

Whether Francis believes United also possess the latter is a moot point as Neil Warnock allowed him just eight starts in two years after recruiting him from Bradford.

But at Southend - currently above the Owls in the Championship table - he is a regular at right-back under Steve Tilson.

He said: "My time at Sheffield United was more frustrating than anything.

"For the two years I was there I only managed to play about 10 games all in all and when that happens you know you aren't at the right club. It was a breath of fresh air coming to Southend."

The Shrimpers are two points and three places above the Owls, in 18th spot.

Bit Hypocritical really and deffo sour grapes.

Bet he's happy being at an even BIGGER club than wednesd*y though what with the Shrimpers being 2 points and 3 places above the them :hihi:

Archived