Blades Chat #5 Discuss United here

Norton

Jags is having a meeting with Warnock with regards to his position in the team, he wants to play in midfield, I personally think he is morre suited to defence in the Premiereship, I would like to see Li Tie play against Arsenal to see how good he is.I hope Unsworth doesn't play Henry will run him ragged, he is too slow for the top flight.

Jags is having a meeting with Warnock with regards to his position in the team, he wants to play in midfield, I personally think he is morre suited to defence in the Premiereship, I would like to see Li Tie play against Arsenal to see how good he is.I hope Unsworth doesn't play Henry will run him ragged, he is too slow for the top flight.

Jags: Excellent at the back

Useless in Midfield

to be honest I couldn't see what all the fuss was about last season - don't think he was any good in midfield then either!

get him at the back - if he doesn't like it then transfer list him - see how many premier league teams offer him a place in their midfield - NON

Jags: Excellent at the back

Useless in Midfield

to be honest I couldn't see what all the fuss was about last season - don't think he was any good in midfield then either!

get him at the back - if he doesn't like it then transfer list him - see how many premier league teams offer him a place in their midfield - NON

I must question the wisdom of transfer listing your best player at this point in the season. Okay, some other team may not play him as he wants to be played but can Utd really afford to lose him? And, have Utd. got the pulling power to replace with a player of equal or better calibre?

Don't talk daft, Jag's best position is by far in midfield.

He works well with an attacking midfielder, as can help them out.

Think we should be throwing jags and quinny into centre mid on sat,

I can only assume from that comment that your season ticket is in the Westfield Health section - and you have a white stick and dog!

No WAY is he a midfielder - the game passes him by.... he can't grab hold of a game and boss the game, like good midfielders can:

Savage

Bullard

Lampard

Gerrard

Carrick

ok - I know you can't really compare with Lamps, Gerrard & Carrick - but if he is as good as everyone thinks he should be able to compete with Bullard & Savage etc.

The only way he has a chance of being called up for England is by playing in defence!!!

I must question the wisdom of transfer listing your best player at this point in the season. Okay, some other team may not play him as he wants to be played but can Utd really afford to lose him? And, have Utd. got the pulling power to replace with a player of equal or better calibre?

Maybe not - but we shouldn't be picking the team around him either... If Paddy walked into office and said "I wan't to play up front" should we let him??

Just cus he likes it in midfield, doesn't mean we should play him there!

I can only assume from that comment that your season ticket is in the Westfield Health section - and you have a white stick and dog!

No WAY is he a midfielder - the game passes him by.... he can't grab hold of a game and boss the game, like good midfielders can:

Savage

Bullard

Lampard

Gerrard

Carrick

ok - I know you can't really compare with Lamps, Gerrard & Carrick - but if he is as good as everyone thinks he should be able to compete with Bullard & Savage etc.

The only way he has a chance of being called up for England is by playing in defence!!!

He wont be called up for the england defence thats for sure.

Anyways..... just so you know the westfield health stand wasn't there whilst jags was in midfield last season :D

you say he cant grab the game and boss it, but what sheff utd player can? If bullard is so much better, why was wigan after him last season? certainly not to play alongside him, because kav wouldnt have been dropped.

I would like to see (when fit) davis and bromby in the middle of defence

Edit: ive never seen carrick come on and change a game in my life

He wont be called up for the england defence thats for sure.

Anyways..... just so you know the westfield health stand wasn't there whilst jags was in midfield last season :D

you say he cant grab the game and boss it, but what sheff utd player can? If bullard is so much better, why was wigan after him last season? certainly not to play alongside him, because kav wouldnt have been dropped.

I would like to see (when fit) davis and bromby in the middle of defence

Edit: ive never seen carrick come on and change a game in my life

I actually said "Westfield Health Section" which last season was the disabled part at the front of John Street!

Anyway.... All I said is he has more chance of making England squad in defence, rather than midfield.

As for Bromby - I think he's a great right back, but not great in centre!

I actually said "Westfield Health Section" which last season was the disabled part at the front of John Street!

Anyway.... All I said is he has more chance of making England squad in defence, rather than midfield.

As for Bromby - I think he's a great right back, but not great in centre!

We aint ever going to agree on this to be fair......

But I'd rather have sommeil at right back and bromby in centre, with jags in midfield.

Archived