Blades Chat #5 Discuss United here

Norton

and he cant head the ball to save his life...

You can see that

I can see that

28,000 other Blades can see that

So why, whenever Neil decides to play our second most expensive striker of all time, do we insist on hoofing the ball 60 yards in the air & down the pitch and ask Ade to head it??!?!?!!

Thierry would be CR*P if Arsenal played the long ball up to his head everytime he plays!!

Thierry would be CR*P if Arsenal played the long ball up to his head everytime he plays!!

Thierry does a lot more work than ade, he sets up goals, he creates the chances himself. And more importantly he can create something from nothing,

For ade it has to be handed to him on a plate.

Thierry does a lot more work than ade, he sets up goals, he creates the chances himself. And more importantly he can create something from nothing,

And even then he has trouble.

The bloke can't control a football - he looks scared stiff of it. Taking 3 or 4 touches to get a ball under control is not good enough especially in this league. I'd play Hulse, Kabba, Webber, Nade, CKR and even Ship all before him. He truly is awful. Reading was the best game I've seen him play for us and that doesn't say much.

Hulse has justified the price we've paid for him in the short time he's been here - he's consistently been the best player for us. Ade's been crap since we signed him.

The only thing he does well is running about looking like a headless chicken. He's not good enough, Warnock just needs to accept it.

I watched the Arsenal game again on the box from a recording and we played very well considering. Hulse was excellent,he was constantly fouled and the ref ignored it. The goal we scored would have stood if Aresenal had scored since the same incident happened to Wright when he put his head down. Arsenal are a good side but with a little bit of fair play from the ref. and we could have got a point. Wright played a blinder and so did Jagielka but the big surprise was the new signing Kazim Phillips is it, he really is a revelation holds the ball well a great partner for Hulse and Kabba. We've had a bad start but I think we will do better.

I watched the Arsenal game again on the box from a recording and we played very well considering. Hulse was excellent,he was constantly fouled and the ref ignored it. The goal we scored would have stood if Aresenal had scored since the same incident happened to Wright when he put his head down. Arsenal are a good side but with a little bit of fair play from the ref. and we could have got a point. Wright played a blinder and so did Jagielka but the big surprise was the new signing Kazim Phillips is it, he really is a revelation holds the ball well a great partner for Hulse and Kabba. We've had a bad start but I think we will do better.

Kazim - Richards is his name & he did do well.

you missed the point....... no one in their right mind is trying to say Ade should be as good as T Henry (Ade is worth £1.5m, Henry probably worth £30m?) - what I was trying to say is you've got to play to a players strengths.... and playing long balls up to the head of Akinbiyi is NOT playing to his strengths.

I wish they'd bring back Swap-Shop (with or without Noel Edmunds but certainly minus Keith Chegwin).

FOR SALE: Ade Akinbiyi

WANTED: Scaletrix

Seems a fair swap, eh?

I'd rather swap:

FOR SALE: David Unsworth

WANTED: useless piece of lard who can't play a simple pass

- O no - we'd get him back

Archived