Blades Chat #5 Discuss United here

Norton

Reminds me of a Kevin Keegan classic,

"He's got good strength. And that's his strength, his strength!"

What a legend.

My fave keegan quote has to be when Man City lost to Arsenal 5-0, they went down 4-0 in first 20 minutes and he came out with the classic.......

My plan was to go at em, attack and get an early goal in the first 20 minutes, needless to say it didn't work

My fave keegan quote has to be when Man City lost to Arsenal 5-0, they went down 4-0 in first 20 minutes and he came out with the classic.......

Hee, hee. My mate Woodford (who is a gifted impressionist anyway) used to don this afro-like wig and do a cracking turn on Keegan when he used to manage Newcastle and went on his rant about Man U/Ferguson,

"I tell you what Ray...I would LOVE IT if we beat them! Love it!"

Absolute killer! :hihi:

But what is his strength though? I don't see one for this level.

well i think his list of strengths would be;

1. His physical strength

2. He's quick

3. He never stops running, closing down opponents etc

4. He's not a player that a defender would want running at them

as for "this level" - we can't really judge him this season at this level - he needs to be given a chance, 3 or 4 games, and then judge him!

He'd probably make a good runner then.

What about the skills that make someone a good footballer:

1. Control

2. Finishing

3. Heading ability

All of which he's sadly lacking in.

Exactly how do you play the ball to someone if he can't control it or can't head it?

He's played at this level before and was a complete flop. He was crap in the Championship for us. He is not a good player, just another journey man.

I'd love to be proved wrong but at this stage of his career it's not going to happen is it.

Seems that Derby are interested in him anyway, let's hope they do something about it.

Archived