Blades Chat #5 Discuss United here

Norton

I had Ade as MotM for us, first half in particular, but let's face it, it was a case of "Who was our least bad player?" really ........

Yep that was the best game I've seen him have for us and he still did sod all. First time I've seen him actually hold the ball up and then consistently lay it off to one of our players.

Might as well save his wages now. At least Ships can hold the ball up and lay it into feet.No brainer to me-let him go and play others off the bench. it worked well last year-until AA came -and we started to play long ball to a man who thinks he is a target man-and as we all know-he isn't

well i think his list of strengths would be;

1. His physical strength

2. He's quick

3. He never stops running, closing down opponents etc

4. He's not a player that a defender would want running at them

as for "this level" - we can't really judge him this season at this level - he needs to be given a chance, 3 or 4 games, and then judge him!

centre half, then.

his first touch is usually a clearance, at worst his 2nd would be a tackle

you missed the point....... no one in their right mind is trying to say Ade should be as good as T Henry (Ade is worth £1.5m, Henry probably worth £30m?) - what I was trying to say is you've got to play to a players strengths.... and playing long balls up to the head of Akinbiyi is NOT playing to his strengths.
Well one of those valuations is right...:hihi:

Archived